ABS tyre pressure - turn off

LpeppsT6

T6 Sportline Kombi twin-slider on Air
T6 Guru
sensors keep pinging up low pressure, never in the same wheel, dose it on both sets of wheels I have, I know its just a quick re set in the mf display but it goes off so often now its really getting on my nerves,
I've searched lots and think mine is on the abs system, is there any way to turn this off or did I read that bognor motors could use vcds to re code for 20 inch wheels tyre pressure

please help its driving me mad

It uses the ABS sensors to log the wheel rotation speed.

Have you got same size tyres all round?

Have you got a slow puncture?

If its logging a puncture there must be a difference in the wheel rotational speed?

It uses the ABS sensors to log the wheel rotation speed.

Have you got same size tyres all round?

Have you got a slow puncture?

If its logging a puncture there must be a difference in the wheel rotational speed?
On 1 set its different size tyres front and rear but on other set they’re same all round, although different widths, I was thinking of going down to 19 inch or trying to get wheel sensors fitted in the wheels if that would make a difference
no slow punctures I don’t think
wondered if sensors could be turned off

im sure different size front and rear tyres would ping the ABS TPS.?

not sure how it would deal with it if there were SET that way. . . my understanding is that the van is expecting to see all four corners have the same tyre . . .

so same rotation speed. . . any difference would trigger a TPS alarm.

as for disabling the TPS . . im sure there is a VCDS tweek . .

lets ask @BognorMotors to see if they have any advice on the matter.

So you are setting your tyre pressures then, regardless of what wheels you have in it keep going off at a later stage?

Yes. I’d say it goes off every 5-10 miles and yet some times won’t go off for 50 miles
It’s all types of driving. Motorway or stop start town driving.
just so annoying I thought I’d be ok when I got a set of tyres that were all 4 the same profile and width etc
I’m also on air ride. Spoke with jaymac and he said his goes off but no where near what mines doing. He said he airs out then re sets his and his seems ok. But that made no difference to mine

Yes. I’d say it goes off every 5-10 miles and yet some times won’t go off for 50 miles
It’s all types of driving. Motorway or stop start town driving.
just so annoying I thought I’d be ok when I got a set of tyres that were all 4 the same profile and width etc
I’m also on air ride. Spoke with jaymac and he said his goes off but no where near what mines doing. He said he airs out then re sets his and his seems ok. But that made no difference to mine
I know a few people where this has been an issue with air ride. Retrofitting direct TPMS solved the issue. You can turn off indirect (ABS) TPMS with VCDS

Reactions: mmi
I know a few people where this has been an issue with air ride. Retrofitting direct TPMS solved the issue. You can turn off indirect (ABS) TPMS with VCDS
Thanks deaky
Does this mean fit new valves to each wheel and then programme in vcds to let vehicle know it’s now got wheel/pressure sensors instead of abs sensor

Thanks deaky
Does this mean fit new valves to each wheel and then programme in vcds to let vehicle know it’s now got wheel/pressure sensors instead of abs sensor
Sort of, sensor in each wheel plus a receiver module connected and coded to the van. @StudleyGlass and @Fish have both had this problem with air ride

I think we would need to see this, to work out exactly what is going on
Is it likely to need plugging into vcds and adjusting toggle switch as shown in earlier reply/thread
I think your around an hour away from me cheers

Back