Tyre Medics Hinckley

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I don't often put reviews on, simply because I don't often get what i'm promised, and prefer to just not review a business like that, rather than bad mouth a company on social media, unless obviously people need warning about something really bad.

Anyway, as of another thread recently Lowering And Wheel Alignment Issues? I was recommended Tyre Medics in Hinckley by one of Transporter HQ's guys, who's running air. He said these guys were happy to use 'outside box' thinking, and not the usual 'set it to the factory settings' like I've seen so many times, which in my case would of been a waste of money.
Myself and my partner in crime @T6180 both went into this place hoping they'd listen to our research, and set things the way we wanted. Something that many places won't, and often look at you like you're a moron when you start quoting settings, or god forbid should you mention the swear word 'Forum'
However, our Technician 'Rich' was happy to override the system and and change the default settings on the Hunter machine to what we wanted.

An hour or so later, and £65 each, my van feels better already, and i'm hoping this has fixed my tyre wear problems, but won't know for a few weeks. Mark had issues with pulling to one side, and he reports to me that this is also now fixed, but i'm sure he will add more detail if needed.

I was prepared to travel anywhere to get this fixed, because the amount of rear tyres I've gone through is insane, but it just so happened that these guys were on my doorstep.
The above issues are purely an adverse effect of changing so much of my suspension set-up underneath, and in my opinion for the sake of £65, anyone that changes their T6 from the factory height, should have the whole thing Hunter aligned afterwards because tyres get expensive every 4000 mile :eek: and understandably most suspension installers don't have a spare 90k hanging around for this kind of in-depth setup equipment.

Mobile Tyre Fitting at Home or Roadside | Tyre Medics

Last edited:
So after having it lowered how long would you wait before you put it on a hunter machine?.

So after having it lowered how long would you wait before you put it on a hunter machine?.

I'd do it straight away next time, but I've used mine like it was for over a year, with just the tyres being the victim.

If THQ are doing your Solow set-up, I'd tie my place in with the job. It's only 30 mins away.

Thats what il be doing then. Theres a garage near me that has the Hunter setup that races cars but its one thing having it and another knowing how to use it. As you and others have said on here,factory isnt always right and to find someone willing to think outside the box is worth travelling for. Cheers.

Thats what il be doing then. Theres a garage near me that has the Hunter setup that races cars but its one thing having it and another knowing how to use it. As you and others have said on here,factory isnt always right and to find someone willing to think outside the box is worth travelling for. Cheers.

Tell the tech that he did the Black and the White T6. He has the settings he needs to input into the Hunter, because I sent them to him.

Gonna be a long day for me then....eventually!.

I echo @Tourershine I've had my van aligned 4 times at 3 different places but these guys knew their stuff, had no hesitation getting out the adjustable polybush spanner to bring my camber into tolerance. Also 'Rich' was the first person to take my van out for a test drive after he'd finished his adjustment just to make sure no more pulling to the left. Top job in my eyes

Great to have a place just up the road from me. Took my caravelle to a place near me twice as was wearing the outside edge off on the front N/S in about 4000 miles. Kept saying nothing was out.

Will give them a shout to check mine now its sitting a bit lower.

Back