Trim stains

Rich Green

Electrician
T6 Pro
Hi guys. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of these stains/wear rather than replacing? Is there anything that could be painted on etc? I’ve really tried cleaning etc but nothing is shifting the previous owners sweaty knee stains lol

16F2167C-71C5-4B19-AC1A-72629FFC06F7.jpeg

If you have exhausted all the cleaning options, then painting is an option. I would suggest that you use an etch primer first as it “grabs” the plastic better before you paint (particularly has this is a “high rub” area!) Buzzweld is a good post-primer paint to consider too. There is also an option of “wrapping”

If you have exhausted all the cleaning options, then painting is an option. I would suggest that you use an etch primer first as it “grabs” the plastic better before you paint (particularly has this is a “high rub” area!) Buzzweld is a good post-primer paint to consider too. There is also an option of “wrapping”

oooh could have it carbon dipped maybe?

You could also cover it with suede, real simple to do if you are a DIYer.

Hmm yeah but I don’t think there would be any room left for his knees if he covered the area.

Last edited:
Cellulose thinner will clean it but will also remove a very thin layer of plastic Which shouldn’t be a problem as it’s not colour coated plastic. Use very sparingly and test on inconspicuous area first.
Use non synthetic cloth or it will melt, rotary movement to get between the dimples.
Highly flammable.

Halfords flog Autoglym tar remover at £9, just thinking that the mark looks like where a dirty diesel or gunk encrusted knee has rested over various journeys and the Autoglym bumf says it can be used on upholstery, interiors etc.

Back