Travel kettle and pans (compact options?)

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi.

I want to buy a kettle (for hook up ) and maybe a pan/s... Probably want a stovetop kettle for when not on hook up.

As you are all more experienced than me, can you suggest some products, I've some set on Amazon where all the pans fit inside one another

We got one similar to this for in EHU.
And one of these for the gas hob.
Ours is purple of course :p

The RidgeMonkey system is popular for compact multi use pans (I have the smallest sandwich one in my kitchen pod)

I also have this folding kettle in the pod and it's brilliant

We went for a diesel fuelled heater / twin hob and found this set on-line from Amazon. The sizes are 18, 20 & 22 cm.
They are very light, the one lid fits all, they fit inside each other for storage and the handle clips on until released.
Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 14.47.17.png

We don't have any cooking equipment fitted in the van as we will generally take our tent and an assortment of camping gear. Camping is a lot more fun with enough space to bring as much as you want!!

We just use an electric kettle (on EHU obviously) and our old household pots and pans. These are induction hob compatible and we found the cleanest and safest way to cook was with a small portable induction hob. This might be an idea to consider if you haven't already?

@sipep same here as bear78 2 household saucepans 1 large 1 small small fits in large and a bog roll in the small one both induction compatible for EHU and a small kettle with folding handle also for induction or gas, sits on top of toilet roll in small saucepan and lastly the frying pan regular household type
its all about the storage trail and error until you get it right
try it with your existing household stuff and see how you get on

We brought the Tefal ingenio pans, with the removable handles, lots of different sets, sizes, lids and frying pans etc wish we had gone for the induction hob compatible set though, just in case we buy a portable induction hob in the future
We brought a ridge monkey kettle, but again, wish I’d brought one with a whistle

We have an MSR Alpine 4 stackable set for camping (from Bananafingers) - all stainless but quite thin gauge. Dual purpose lids. Also have a Quecha Decathlon stainless kettle.

Trying to minimise non stick pans we have due to reports on health impacts.

@sipep. It's a bit late now (sorry) but we use a little Vango saucepan set (binned the cups!) which conveniently all fits into a Ridge Monkey Deep Regular. Brew duties are taken up by a 1L / 1Kw Kampa electric kettle when on EHU and a cheapo (Lidl, I think) 1L collapsible kettle when not.

We got one similar to this for in EHU.
And one of these for the gas hob.
Ours is purple of course :p
You’ve got to have a kettle with a whistle when camping :grin bounce:

Back