Travel kettle and pans (compact options?)

You are better getting yourself a decent normal frying pan and a set of pots that fit inside themselves
I second this. Although we just have a cheap and small IKEA non-stick frying pan - a light one heats up faster so uses less gas. We also have a silicon kettle with metal base. It folds down small but can be used on all sorts of heat sources - gas, induction, electric, halogen etc. Had it years and it’s never failed us. Can’t remember the make but next time I’m in the van I’ll have a look.

Edit: it’s a Wacky Practicals, like this. Now £29 online which seems steep although ours must be at least 20 years old and still going strong.

Last edited:
@sipep going off on a bit of a tangent but we find collapsible washing up bowl and bucket a good move to save space
I'd second that on the folding washing up bowl. Bought a rectangular one for the rear kitchen pod but was initially annoyed I couldn't find it a good home.

However since it's been a boon because it also works well as a deep tray, meaning when I have a kettle on I can use it to fill the mugs and not worry about splashing. It's also a handy space to put food on the pod top while cooking.

So it fulfilled the "everything needs at least 2 uses" rule, even though initially I thought it was going to be a mistake.

Next thing I want to find is a little watertight lid beaker; I'm happy swilling out tea mugs into nature using just water but if I've been using the RidgeMonkey I'd rather get the bulk of the grease off in soapy water and tip that down a proper drain later. Kinda like a micro grey water tank.

Just tested the new kettle. That whistle is so loud it took me back to Fred Flintstone leaving the quarry.

Beings thought we are going off topic especially when it comes to dog bowels !!!
What Induction hobs are people recommending
And keep it clean ;-)

Back