Traction Control - ESC/ASR & HDA switch retrofit

True but are there any differences between older vans and the current fleet that could affect this ?
I know for sure the bcms have been revised from 090B to 090C on the MY19s and wonder what else may have been changed to accommodate this ie revised ABS/ECU control units ??

I’m not trying to be a spoil sport just conscious of any implications, if you want post the info for others then feel free to put up what you have done

Fully aware of implications so don’t want to make it public I’m happy to advice individuals if they have a genuine need

Mine is used for off road tyre development so I needed it

To tell the MK100 ABS from T6 that the ASR Off Button is equipped, you have to change Coding of ABS BYTE 15 Bit 6 from 1 to 0.
And of course you have to wire the ASR Switch like in the Schematic which you can get officially on the VW Erwin Portal.
I tested it on the Bench and it works.
ASR_AUS_IMG_2292.JPG

To test this on the Bench a quite bigger Setup was needed:
Test_Aufbau_IMG_2298.jpg

Wiring is very simple. All you need to do is to connect PIN 4 and PIN 6 from ABS unit to TCS switch contacts. And then steal illumination from one of neighbouring switches.

Reactions: mmi
To tell the MK100 ABS from T6 that the ASR Off Button is equipped, you have to change Coding of ABS BYTE 15 Bit 6 from 1 to 0.
And of course you have to wire the ASR Switch like in the Schematic which you can get officially on the VW Erwin Portal.
I tested it on the Bench and it works.

To test this on the Bench a quite bigger Setup was needed:
Which begs 2 questions...

Why do you have all these components on a bench and why have you removed the needles from the dials?

Why do you have all these components on a bench and why have you removed the needles from the dials?

Hehe :)
1. I am trying to retrofit ACC of T6 into T5.2, for this a Test-Setup on the Bench is needed, cause i need my car in working condition while Testing.
2. To get Dash into Service mode, to do Immo matching with ECU, it is needed to be dismantled to reprogramm a eeprom inside Dash, and i did not Build it back together till now.

Wiring is very simple. All you need to do is to connect PIN 4 and PIN 6 from ABS unit to TCS switch contacts. And then steal illumination from one of neighbouring switches.
Pin 4 on ABS is the Input
Pin 6 on ABS is 12V (15a) which can easier be stolen from the Start/Stop Button Pin 2 or Pin 4 for example

Are pins 4 and 6 currently used or are these new wires to add?

I thinking of trying it with a simple switch and coding before going to far.

Hello

Just wondering, I think golf mk7 has same abs module and it has two levels of ESP off, depending on push or press and hold button for few seconds, does it work on T6 as well? Has anyone tried it maybe?

Br, Arne

Hello

Just wondering, I think golf mk7 has same abs module and it has two levels of ESP off, depending on push or press and hold button for few seconds, does it work on T6 as well? Has anyone tried it maybe?

Br, Arne
How would you know? are the warning lights different?

.... as 4ndy says ... after the procedure with the accelerator pedal, I start with the arrows inserted? ... and this is enough to avoid that you immediately reset? ... up to what speed? .. until when I do not turn off the emergency arrows? ... I'll try ... but it seems to me that it did not work unfortunately ...

Hello

Br, Arne

Golf MK7 ABS is a different One, than in T6.
I did not look deeply into it, but T6 ABS only hase 18 Bytes of LongCoding, Golf MK7 hase 29 Bytes.
The Control-Unit looks different, black Electronic Cover, T6 hase silver Electronic Cover.
The ABS Pump seems to be the same, and the Connector, too.
Probably they are both MK100 ABS Units, but with different Software for shure.

Back