Tracker, Need A Little Help/clarification,

ZEB

T6 Pro
I’m getting a ghost system installed in my T6 next month and I also want to get a cat 6 tracker fitted at the same time I was going for the ‘Vodafone Protect & Connect 6 – Stolen Vehicle Tracker’ however since the 1st of Jan Vodafone have now changes this to a S7 but it’s now classed as an Asset Tracking Device, In the salesman’s email he puts
‘I have also been told that not all Insurance companies are on board with it yet’
also his answer to a few questions.

Yes that’s pretty much it. It’s being done to standardize the market and also companies are debating whether Thatcham is fit for purpose any longer or not. We don’t have any choice in the matter as customers or installers.

Yes that’s correct; because it’s so new and the authority who made this new S category didn’t really get things together in time so as you can imagine a lot of confusion. But I think from a previous email you mentioned you weren’t doing it for insurance purposes? So in the short term it wouldn’t matter.

At the moment I do not need a tracker for insurance purposes I want to install one for full peace of mind, but when I renew my insurance later in the year maybe with a different company I would like to know that I have the right tracker if they require one and not have to get a new one fitted.

I want a tracker that will be monitored 24/7 and will alert me if the van is towed away/ battery disconnected ect plus be able to do real time tracking via an app or the web.

Any thoughts or recommendations greatly appreciated.
Hope this makes sense.

Trevor

Back