BlackVue CM100LTE Connectivity Module - Any Users?

psybear

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences, views etc. on the Blackvue CM100LTE Connectivity Module?

Just got my new van and had the DR770X-2CH fitted. I'm wondering whether to invest in the module - as I understand it, it would mean that the cameras would be permanently connected to the Cloud and therefore I would be able to monitor the cameras remotely and also get instant notifications of any impacts? They include a Vodafone SIM which gives you 40gb of data for £4 per month but I'd likely stick a GiffGaff SIM into it and just top it up as required on PAYG basis.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has one and what they think of it. And also, on a practical level, how it's been installed/fixed.

Thanks.

we use a separate WFI box,

that the BV dash cam and CCTV cams and radio and kids tablets and and and . . . run from.

been running for years now.

1706085842716.png

we use a separate WFI box,

that the BV dash cam and CCTV cams and radio and kids tablets and and and . . . run from.

been running for years now.

View attachment 226795
Thanks for the feedback.

I had thought about getting a dongle (or just using another cheap phone as one) but hadn’t thought about using it for the dashcam too.

Do you have the dongle permanently connected to the LB supply then so that you can always access the dashcam remotely?

I have a 970 Plus LTE version which acts as a hotspot. Have used Wifi for my Renogy M1 and also to live view the cameras if needed. Works well. I assume the separate unit would be just as good.

Back