Towbars installer Scotland

Arrow

T6 Pro
Just got quoted £665.82 inc Vat for a detachable, fully coded tow bar with dedicated wiring on my T6.

Was from the Commercial VW Van Centre out in Dyce, Aberdeen.
This is also where I picked up my T6 Roof Rails for £96 inc Vat.

Seem to be fair and reasonably priced. Just putting this out there as I know some VW garages charge £1200!

My dealer quoted me over a grand and outsources it to a trailer place down the road, I drove down the road and they charged me less than half !!

Can anyone recommend a towbar installer in Aberdeen or anywhere near wick?

Thanks

Lee

Can anyone recommend a towbar installer in Aberdeen or anywhere near wick?

Thanks

Lee
Hi Lee I used Mototech in Aberdeen to fit a westfalia towbar to my van .
If it’s possible ...I’d run the cable inside for electrics

Someone posted on here a few months back that Clark Commercials at Westhill had done a really good price for them. If you are passing Inverness en route to Wick and have the time A J Grant did mine recently, was about £400 for the dedicated electrics kit and install. I had sourced/fitted the tow bar beforehand.

Hi wondering if anybody can recommend someone in Edinburgh/ central Scotland
To fit detachable towbar genuine vw/westfalia will travel if need be .
Thanks

Have you got the bar already? If not you can buy it from PF Jones and have them fit it. (They just sub the work out to someone who covers your area!)

Welcome to the forum

I got mine fitted by IDS Coachworks in Airdrie, I struggled to find somewhere that would do it in a converted camper. Was very impressed with the work done and had no issues. He can do westfalia but recommends Tow Trust as it is finished better - I went with that and really pleased with it with the fully integrated wiring.

Hi wondering if anybody can recommend someone in Edinburgh/ central Scotland
To fit detachable towbar genuine vw/westfalia will travel if need be .
Thanks
Hi Merlin

It was a few years ago i used them, but Buchans in Cambuslang were superb. Not far from M74. Well worth a look, they were excellent.

Back