Tow bar removal

First part of the number is the same as my revious one. However not all. I wonder how many differences there are and how interchangable.
You'll probably find the one from your Audi has the ball itself at a different position (distance from bumper and elevation from the ground). I'm sure there will be one out there that would get the ball height right for those with lowered vans.

You'll probably find the one from your Audi has the ball itself at a different position (distance from bumper and elevation from the ground). I'm sure there will be one out there that would get the ball height right for those with lowered vans.
I'm pretty sure that the 2 tow bars are exactly the same size and shape. I will try yo get a pic with both on side by side later.

There are loads of necks the same. Passat ones are the same as transporter ones aswell assuming we stick with westfalia. Makes sense to keep as few different necks as possible and vary the bars that bolt to the vehicle instead.

There are loads of necks the same. Passat ones are the same as transporter ones aswell assuming we stick with westfalia. Makes sense to keep as few different necks as possible and vary the bars that bolt to the vehicle instead.
Very true, but why stamp different part numbers on them if the necks are the same?

finally got the neck fitted, turns out there was too much paint on the lead in angles (i had this painted) so after a bit of rubbing down it's now located and working correctly.

Thanks to all for you help

Back