Tow bar removal

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
Any one know if this part of the tow bar comes off? Need to get it painted

1AB80499-D2AC-4721-8534-1C2E119C8578.jpeg

Yes you will need the key to unlock the wheel. Then pull the wheel out and twist

Stupid question, where would that key be? Never got it at time of purchase

normally a small key with red circular top. spares can be ordered from number on barrel if needs be.

There should be a plastic piece to fit whilst the bar is removed, stops debris getting into the receiver.

You definitely need this blanking piece. Inside the receiver is a quite complicated shape, and dirt in there could stop the towbar going back into place and locking.
Not sure where you can get one, but I think I have seen a 3D print design so you could get one printed.

Pete

Any westfalia bit should fit as the receivers are the same.
Are you sure, I’m looking for one of these but there seem to be quite a few different ones.

Looks like this from memory:

That price is bonkers though !

Pete

is that definitely the right one?

Thanks, but jeez I thought the spare keys were expensive. Almost worth buying a 3D printer to make one.

Blimey, there are quite a few types aren’t there !
Unfortunately my van is down at the yard with the weather cap in place.
Can you read the towbar part number on the actual bar itself, and then check the link you gave, as it lists compatible towbars.
Otherwise, the cover part no may be on the part itself, in which case someone with a van closer by may be able to help.
My towbar part number is 321546, but yours may be different.

The picture posted shows the VW part number, which will be different to Westfalia’s.

I have a 3D Printer, and would be happy to print one - the risk that it doesn’t fit is minimal as the cost of plastic is trivial.
Just need to find a design that looks vaguely right !

Pete

Back