Tow Bar installer northwest

Hi Hickey

Yes it is Westfalia wiring I've just checked PfJones website and they don't seem to sell it any more and they have replaced it with their own loom just kampers sell it maybe cheaper elsewhere I also needed the fusebox extension as my van wasn't fitted with one I went for the 13pin kit with a separate 13-7pin adaptor

Westfalia Towbar Electrics Kit VW T5 and VW T6 from 2010 - J40170

Towbar Electics Extension Kit VW T5 2010–2015 VW T6 2015 on - J40786

Cheers for that Coradia I'll have a look around first and go with that if I get no look elsewhere

Cheers for that Coradia I'll have a look around first and go with that if I get no look elsewhere
@Hickey, check out justKampers as they have stock of the loom and say they can get the extension in 3 days, they were really helpful and seemed to know their stuff.

I didn’t order from pf Jones as they had the detachable Westfalia on back order with no idea of when (they told me that Westfalia have just moved production to Romania and there are ongoing supply problems, justkampers had stock so I picked up my towbar from them yesterday but didn’t take the wiring kit as I had already ordered from autodoc.

They aren’t the cheapest but will happily price match if you can find it cheaper and are good guys to deal with. (No connection just mypersonal experience over the last few days)

@Hickey, check out justKampers as they have stock of the loom and say they can get the extension in 3 days, they were really helpful and seemed to know their stuff.

I didn’t order from pf Jones as they had the detachable Westfalia on back order with no idea of when (they told me that Westfalia have just moved production to Romania and there are ongoing supply problems, justkampers had stock so I picked up my towbar from them yesterday but didn’t take the wiring kit as I had already ordered from autodoc.

They aren’t the cheapest but will happily price match if you can find it cheaper and are good guys to deal with. (No connection just mypersonal experience over the last few days)

Nice one I've heard back from a few places that theres not much stock around so might hang around to see what happens I don't need it fitting for a bit yet

Anyone got pics of where the 8x gaskets and clips go?

Also, seems to be a discrepancy for the packing piece part numbers - 7H0807723 and 7H0807252A are quoted - I think it is the latter?

Seems a lot of dosh for two bits of polystyrene - anyone used an alternative? (One post said a bit of wood had been used by installer - not sure it has the same elasticity as polystyrene!)

Ian

BBECD543-3F5B-4C36-917B-F58A235B1B81.png

Also, seems to be a discrepancy for the packing piece part numbers - 7H0807723 and 7H0807252A are quoted - I think it is the latter?

Seems a lot of dosh for two bits of polystyrene - anyone used an alternative? (One post said a bit of wood had been used by installer - not sure it has the same elasticity as polystyrene!)

Ian

The gaskets and clips go into the rear crossmember and hold the plastic part on (if you have a Kombi or shuttle then you already have them)

The description is a bit of a bad translation, they are more a pin and socket.

I think it is the latter ending in A, I paid £10.72 each through TPS back in the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I forgot to mention the installation instruction are available on the Westfalia website, or I can e-mail you a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a window van so not sure - its like a trimless shuttle!

I’ll PM you with my email.

Thanks
Ian

I believe if theres glass behind the drivers seat then all you need is the two foam pads

I have a window van so not sure - its like a trimless shuttle!

I’ll PM you with my email.

Thanks
Ian
You can see the plastic part from underneath with the bumper fitted, it’s not totally obvious but if you loom at the picture you can see it’s shape and it is visible, also if it’s not there holes that the gaskets go into should be visible.

It would have to be ordered with towbar prep from the factory
The code 1D7 would be listed on the build sticker in the drivers footwell under steering wheel

Ian
I just got this pic from TPS who were v.helpful. The three parts are shown in yellow (4,5,6):
1600186410508.png

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone on here with the westfalia and not the VW loom has had any flat battery issues (not the Mol battery issue) since fitting?

I had mine done last month on my Cali Beach which was pre-wired. I went through pf Jones for supply and fit. No issues at all and just as cheap as having local fitter do it.

Remember that you might need a bumper support as well (I didn’t as van had one) to prevent a floppy bumper.

If you aren’t pre-wired, it can all run underneath the van behind the plastic trays/covers and pop back into the van for connections.

giving the whole job to pf Jones was easier and no more expensive. Also, their fitter did it on my drive

Reverse sensors completely unaffected on mine ? All straight forward
Good to know. I just ordered the additional parts from TPS.

So, is there anywhere to clip the wires from the sensors with the old underside plastic removed and replaced with the new part?

I’ve circled the clips on the old piece that I think I’m mean to discard.

Attachments

• C8C42105-526B-49F1-A556-16611897A425.jpeg
    C8C42105-526B-49F1-A556-16611897A425.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 20
Hi all,

Any recommendations for a vw tow bar fitting on my t6 north west area.

Would like a detachable one

Thanks in advance

Joe

Back