Top 12v Dash Socket Fuse

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,

I am still struggling to find the fuse for the 12v power socket on the top of the dash on my 2017 T6 Highline.

Even the converters could not find it. Apparently been moved from under the seat where it used to sit.

No idea of amperage or location. Bloody annoying

Any ideas?

Most likely 15A(blue) and in the fuse box below the gear lever.

I think it might be in the central console - only saying that because I had my convertor swap my 12v to an ignition switched socket and I know he had the panel in the lower, central dash off.

Update: sorry missed @Loz and @Mick comments above.

I still have a single 15 amp fuse under my passenger seat it's either that or fuse forty something in the lower dash think it's 42 or 49 without looking it up

I just checked my fuse box and the fuse for the power socket next to the gear lever is highlighted in this picture.
IMG_4122.jpg

Do you have the same issue as me? The socket on top of the dash doesn't work but the one near the gearstick is OK? This also confused my converter....

Well it's not just fuse 49.

I called a VW Van centre and asked for a fuse listing but the Service Manager would only offer to book the van in for investigation. That would be a 70 mile round trip to potentially just change a fuse!

Have you made any further progress?

Hi all, I was trying to wire in an accessory using the power from the cig lighter on the top of the dash but managed to short it in the process. I've searched google for what fuse it is and checked 12 and 49 both 15 amp and a couple of others at random and all are fine. There was mention of more fuses under the passenger seat but I don't have any, just a few cables in connector blocks. The van is a 140 highline kombi, any suggestions greatly received
Thanks!

Do you have a second battery? If yes then the fuse is under the seat. If not check fuse 10 under the dash.

Last edited:
Answering this question has led me to reverse engineering all the fuses from the wiring diagram, which shows fuse 40(20A) can be used for the top 12V socket if you have no second battery.

Please confirm which one it was when your done..

Well there is no fuse in 10.. And how are you supposed to get 40 out?!
It's below the edge of the access panel and a box type which are new to me. Do they still have blades and pull straight out?

Yes they still pull out but can be a bit stiff just keep wiggling and pulling

Well there is no fuse in 10.. And how are you supposed to get 40 out?!
It's below the edge of the access panel and a box type which are new to me. Do they still have blades and pull straight out?

I know what you mean! Some of the fuses are a nightmare to get hold of and even harder to try and get back in! The manufactures really do have some daft ideas at times.

Back