(Top) Half Wrap Costs?

davemac

VIP Member
anyone had there T6 or T5 wrapped, I’ve always wanted the top half off white, and was chatting to a guy who wraps cars and said we can do this no problem.

So has anyone had this done, apparently it’s lets UV light through so if you want to peel it off the paint won’t have faded we’re it wasn’t wrapped.

Thoughts anyone or any advice?

It’s at present T6 kombi SW dark metallic blue 204 DSG 4motion, not that makes much difference.

upload_2019-3-21_19-25-42.jpeg

apparently it’s lets UV light through so if you want to peel it off the paint won’t have faded we’re it wasn’t wrapped.View attachment 39329

I'm not quite sure what you mean by it lets UV light through? The wrap will stop UV light getting through, and to be fair, modern paints fading is not something you need to worry about too much in the UK.

Good idea though. I'd be interested in knowing the prices you're getting to do a half wrap.

I am thinking about getting the top half of my van wrapped and looking for guidance on prices. I need to decide if I am going to go two tone (white top) before I book in to get the pop top roof fitted...

I've contacted a couple of places and the quotes were well over what I would want to pay! Any suggestions as to how much it should cost and any suggestions for who to contact (based in Newmarket).

Try Zest Graphics in Bristol.....very pleased with mine, which wasn’t straightforward.

To be fair, if you take the lower of your two prices, I don't think that's a daft price to pay for a full top half wrap. There is a fair amount of work involved to do any kind of good quality wrap and I guess they will want the van for a couple of days, which even broken down to a minimum of 2 days work, this still isn't ridiculous price wise.

If it was me, I'd do as you did and get a couple of prices, and use these as an average cost to give me an idea, then my priority would be using the company with the best reputation. I've seen far too many cheap wraps failing.

That old saying of 'buy cheap, buy twice' is spot on.

Back