Too Cold For An Awning In March ?

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Is it too cold for an awning in march ? the forecast for north yorkshire is not exactly toasty warm @ the moment so i'm wondering if its still to early in the year for an awning ?

If you want to sit around in it without any heating then my answer would be 'probably yes'. But, then again, I'm a soft southerner who's spent a lot of his adult life in hot countries.

I think we'll risk, we'll get wrapped up and get our filled filled radiator running . After enough ale / Gin / vodka etc... we wont feel it hopefully :)

Seriously hats off....to you all for camping out anytime before May ....don’t mind cold it’s the wind ..it plays havoc with the Cadac :mad::mad:

We have not long had our camper and desperate to get out in it but as the plan is for the kids to sleep in the awning we are thinking that it’s a little unfair getting them to sleep outside while we are in the heated camper (or at least that’s what the wife says!).

We are going away for one night this weekend with one kid (other at the grandparents) so they can stay in the poptop, 4 of us in the van would be too cramped. We’ll probably put the canopy up as don’t want the hassle of getting the awning wet for one night.

is that a double decker coach parked next to you?

Oh it's to cold and miserable in March for a campervan let alone awnings. We are fair weather campers though :D
Not a double decker. It was an old Bedford coach like the one off the Italian Job :laugh: it was just parked up on the site. No one was staying in it

Is it too cold for an awning in march ? the forecast for north yorkshire is not exactly toasty warm @ the moment so i'm wondering if its still to early in the year for an awning ?
We were up in Dent last weekend & the weather was fine, I think the problem you’ll have at the mo’ isn’t the cold, but the waterlogged ground. Everywhere was swampy underfoot. We were at High Laning & even the hard standings were puddled.

Back