To B14 or not to B14

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Ok, I don't like the rolling, my insurers have given their blessing, and the bank manager is demanding I spend more money (I may have dreamt that one...) so B14s it is...

But, there may be a problem. The Westie has a square metal water tank and tap hanging down between the wheels. Can any one who knows more than me have a look at the pic below and see whether you think there is much scope for dropping or whether it would bottom out? I don't want a slammed look and it's a camper that will be occasionally driven over bumpy ground so I would be happy with about a 40mm drop
File 10-05-2017, 20 32 47.jpeg

It probably sits no lower than the curve of a tow bar, and I sure haven't dragged mine across the floor. Don't forget the beauty of B14's is that they are height adjustable. So you get the benefit of better damping and set the height to whatever suits you.

Where's your spare tyre?
Looking at the picture, it only looks a little lower than my spare wheel sits. Although perhaps the consequences of grounding a water tank is different from grounding a spare wheel.

Thanks guys, sounds like it's a go-er, I'll have a look to see where to have it done. No spare wheel, I'm at the mercy of the tyre goo and compressor :eek:

Might be an idea to m assure bottom of tap, or tank and post up, the someone with a b14 install and a spare can do same... As tap looks low...

Might be an idea to m assure bottom of tap, or tank and post up, the someone with a b14 install and a spare can do same... As tap looks low...
Ok will do that when I get home at the weekend, thanks. If necessary I could probably alter the tap through 90 degrees so it exits horizontally

Right finally finished work for the week so been out with the tape measure. The clearance is exactly 200mm, and the bottom of the tap is level with the bottom of the tank it's a trick of the camera angle. Anyone have any further thoughts in the light of that?

Back