Will B14s be OK with my 20” wheels

Chris Briers

I'm planning to fit B14s to replace my H&R lowering springs (40mm). My wheels are 20" X 10 with 255/55 tyres and I'm concerned I may have issues with rubbing at the front and / or limited alignment adjustment at the rear. I'm not looking to drop much further than the current 40mm drop (Im thinking 50mm will be fine) and from reading I think this will be at the start of the B14 adjustment range.

A friend had issues with the fronts rubbing on his T6 with 20's and I am also at the limit of adjustment on the N/S rear according to the guy who did the 4 wheel alignment a while back (report shown below). So I'm just looking to sanity check if I will be ok before clicking go on the B14s as TBH I'm completely new to this stuff

690E21BA-B7D2-40B2-8590-EBBFCB6DF356.jpeg
BC4BD252-ACED-4A54-A1AC-E90C4D5BE3BB.jpeg

Do you know your wheel offset?

55’s will almost certainly rub, pretty sure I made that mistake a while back when I put some winter tyres on my bus.

Optimal size is 265/40/20 I believe.

I'm planning to fit B14s to replace my H&R lowering springs (40mm). My wheels are 20" X 10 with 255/55 tyres and I'm concerned I may have issues with rubbing at the front and / or limited alignment adjustment at the rear. I'm not looking to drop much further than the current 40mm drop (Im thinking 50mm will be fine) and from reading I think this will be at the start of the B14 adjustment range.

A friend had issues with the fronts rubbing on his T6 with 20's and I am also at the limit of adjustment on the N/S rear according to the guy who did the 4 wheel alignment a while back (report shown below). So I'm just looking to sanity check if I will be ok before clicking go on the B14s as TBH I'm completely new to this stuff

View attachment 73859
View attachment 73860
A few things I would advise:

1. If you're planning on changing your 40mm springs to go down to 50mm lowering, you don't need B14s. They are great (I have them and rate them highly), but for 50mm lowering, assuming you won't want to go any lower, you're spending money you don't need to. You could have a chat with Steve @CRS Performance and he can sort you out with some 50mm springs and quality sport shocks for less money. Many members on here have gone down that route for 40 or 50mm lowering and have all reported that the ride is fantastic, loads of really positive reviews.

2. Change the tyres. 255/55 are really big. What rating is your van, T32? If you're T32 then 265/40 20 is the optimum load rated size. If you're T30 or lower there are other options. A 265/40 with 50mm lowering shouldn't rub, but what's your wheel offset on the front? 10" are wide on the front, but there is a member on here running 10" wide fronts who is much lower than 50mm down and reports no rubbing, so it can be done.

3. After making any suspension changes it's a good idea to get the alignment done again.

Back