Tilting Tow Bar Bike Rack Suitable For Barn Doors

Sportster Dave

I want to fit a bike rack (for 2 bikes) to my barn door T6 but want to go down the toe-bar clip on type. Having no toe-bar or bike rack knowledge do I have to get a particular type of toe-bar fitted such as a "swan neck" or does it not matter?
Also any recommendations on bike rack to get.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

It doesn’t matter which tow bar you have, flange and swan neck are permanently fitted or detachable is removed when not in use. I have a Thule carrier. It’ll hold 4 bikes, rock solid on the back of the van.

Can anyone recommend a tilting tow bar rack that is suitable for a 2016 T6 that allows the barn doors to be opened fully. I only need one to carry 2 bikes.

@Ed Webb believes that the doors open too wide for these types of racks. But @Pauly may have alittle more knowledge as he is a cyclist.

Google the roofbox company and give them a ring.

I made enquiries with them about suitable a tow bar rack and tailgate. They were really knowledgable, and competetively priced.

I would expect that they will know about barn doors too.
:thumbsup:

I bought an Atera Strada from the Roof Box company earlier this year, and it’s fantastic. We took three bikes to France for two weeks and didn’t even know it was there whilst driving, then left the bikes on all the time we weren’t using them - the barn doors open fine when the rack is tilted.

I bought an Atera Strada from the Roof Box company earlier this year, and it’s fantastic. We took three bikes to France for two weeks and didn’t even know it was there whilst driving, then left the bikes on all the time we weren’t using them - the barn doors open fine when the rack is tilted.

We have the three bike Atera Strada on ours with a tailgate, I wasn’t sure if it would also clear barns doors, good to know.:thumbsup:

The Strada is a fabulous bit of kit, the only downside that I can think of is that until you have used it a few times, the fitting mechanism is a wee bit fiddly.

I was tempted to buy the Atera Strada but wanted a carrier that folded and tilted. So I bought the Eufab Premium 2 Plus. It is specifically designed for vehicles with large tailgates and works perfectly with my T6 Beach. Not sure about barn doors thought. This carrier is also supplied by Bosal.

@Oldrat - yes, and the locking arm was so stiff on ours at first that I thought it was broken. Excellent bit of kit though. I don't have a picture of it with the doors open, but it does clear them. Not with acres of space, but enough for me to empty the back without taking the rack off, including getting the big Galli awning out

08BA72E8-F486-44A1-9FF3-1E95D0D80296.jpeg

Back