Thule roll out awning - do you use those side/front panels?

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,

question, we have a lwb with SCA roof and now the thule ormister 4900. We are coming to the uk for summer hols and were thinking to just have the rollout awning... but with the weather being what it is we're thinking to get the front panels and the side panels to make a bit of a proper awning?

anyone with any experience of this and if so which of the multitude of panels do you go for?!

thanks in advance

Having watched a very good YouTube video on this product I am about to order it for my next trip.
This is the one I’m choosing to go for.

I bought the G3 Residence room with the Thule 4900. I'll attach a picture later. The panels are good, I would say it's fine for light rain however not anything heavier as there are bits where the side and front panels don't fully meet. I do think though that there are more options available for a LWB as ours is only a SWB.

I’ve seen these, I like the price in comparison but not keen on the way it hangs from the rafter rather than it’s own pole. How does it fare in the wind / rain?
Never put it up yet apart from testing. I think @Peatey has the same one, maybe he can advise

I’m considering getting one of these - how small does it pack down? And is it quick / easy to put up?
Yeah probably about 10-20 mins depending on how many times you have put it up. It has bars that connect between the awning rail and the mount. I have mine in the middle of the van when we are going away; sits fine between the rib bed and front seat, doesn't take up loads of room.

Back