Thule omnister rattle …..

JonriceT6

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi everyone
Recently had a conversion done, and have the MOST ANNOYING rattle coming from my windout awning. By reading other forums and similar issues Im thinking it’s the support arms inside rattling against the casing. I believe I have the anti rattle clips inside but these aren’t obviously working.
Anyone had similar issues , and found a solution? It’s driving me up the wall

Had mine fitted a few weeks ago, the same rattling, when I tap the other casing it rattles, these Thule awnings have been around for years, shouldn’t be rattling from new, I ended up placing a piece of thin foam along the back of the inside of casing, as it looked like the larger folding arms were making contact with the back of casing, the extendable front legs seemed secure, this is my temporary fix otherwise I’d have to remove it, can’t stand loud rattles

The anti rattle clips do work and need to be placed in the correct position for them to fully work.

Had mine fitted a few weeks ago, the same rattling, when I tap the other casing it rattles, these Thule awnings have been around for years, shouldn’t be rattling from new, I ended up placing a piece of thin foam along the back of the inside of casing, as it looked like the larger folding arms were making contact with the back of casing, the extendable front legs seemed secure, this is my temporary fix otherwise I’d have to remove it, can’t stand loud rattles
I agree mate. A company so experienced should be making foam internal casing to stop this.
Did your temporary fix work?

The anti rattle clips do work and need to be placed in the correct position for them to fully work.
Do you have a picture of these? Not sure mine have them or not ?

I agree mate. A company so experienced should be making foam internal casing to stop this.
Did your temporary fix work?

Do you have a picture of these? Not sure mine have them or not ?
Yes, the foam has stopped the rattle, but I’ve asked the guy who fitted it to have a look into why it rattled, also both end caps had cracked within two weeks, had them replaced now but didn’t feel me with confidence, either faulty or fitted badly.
Here is a photo of foam, it’s about 10mm thick, but very very soft, just cut to size and sits in the back, I pulled one end out to show

99C44324-A7FE-428B-AE36-4C1566E8A64C.jpeg

Thanks. So was it definitely rattling a giant the back. I thought mine was rattling against the bottom or top? Vertical movement

Thanks. So was it definitely rattling a giant the back. I thought mine was rattling against the bottom or top? Vertical movement
It’s stopped my rattle, when it’s closed it feels more solid, now I’ve got to sort out a squeaking pop top strut..

Sound my rattle, or was the awning casing rattling against the upright part of the bracket? I’ve wedged something in it now, but I’m unsure how to tighten it?

Back