THQ LED Tail-lights

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Transporter HQ rear Led lights....

Has anyone got these fitted on their van and if so what do you think of them ? Any issues ?

IMG_1100.jpg

Transporter HQ rear Led lights....

Has anyone got these fitted on their van and if so what do you think of them ? Any issues ?

View attachment 56527

First set in the UK on a T6 that wasn't one of Team HQ, but that's only because I pestered them to sell the demo set before they had any stock for the public.
Mine have been on for some time now, no issues at all and they still look amazing.
I'd go so far as to say they are as good in quality as OEM.

I am tempted on the new 6.1 rears once I can get hold of a set.

First set in the UK on a T6 that wasn't one of Team HQ, but that's only because I pestered them to sell the demo set before they had any stock for the public.
Mine have been on for some time now, no issues at all and they still look amazing.
I'd go so far as to say they are as good in quality as OEM.

I am tempted on the new 6.1 rears once I can get hold of a set.

Which type did you get as i see they do two types, red smoke and black smoke.
I cant decide which i like the most?

Which type did you get as i see they do two types, red smoke and black smoke.
I cant decide which i like the most?
I’ve been trying to decide between red smoke and black smoke myself. I think I’m leaning towards red smoke.

I wouldn't say they are smoked so to speak, but I opted for as OEM look as possible. I'm not a huge fan of smoked rear lights believe it or not.

Screenshot_20191216-212308_Gallery.jpg

I wouldn't say they are smoked so to speak, but I opted for as OEM look as possible. I'm not a huge fan of smoked rear lights believe it or not.

View attachment 56533
This picture borrowed from their web site shows the red smoke ones which appear darker than yours, they look like the ones they list as red, rather than red smoke.

I still want them to look like rear lights rather than completely blend in hence why I’ve decided against the black smoke.

Now I’m not sure if even the red smoke might be too dark.

509EE9F0-83EB-4E56-B9D1-D3D990959E3C.png

They are the full on Black tinted version. I think they have the side lights switched on, so bare in mind they might go proper dark without any lights switched on.

They are the full on Black tinted version. I think they have the side lights switched on, so bare in mind they might go proper dark without any lights switched on.
I thought they looked like black rather than red, but that image (there are two others of the same van too) is from their web page for red smoke. Does look like the side lights are on. I need to see some red smoke ones in the flesh.

Why not go for the T6.1 rear LEDs?
Simply because I don’t like the look of them. Hopefully I don’t upset anyone who has them or is getting them with that comment, but to my eye they just don’t suit the shape/style of the van.

These are the Red VW T6 Sequential Indicator LED Rear Lights for TAILGATE - Red | T6 Lights | Transporter HQ
The pictures are actually taken of my T6 if that helps. There isn't any kind of smoke or tint to the Red versions.
Agreed, I didn’t think the ones they sell as just red, like yours, have any tint. They might be my best option, the red smoke ones look like they might be too dark.

In an ideal world I would like red, but with a slight darkening, just not as much as the red smoke ones! Somewhere in between would suit me.

VW T6 Sequential Indicator LED Rear Lights for TAILGATE - Red Smoke | T6 Lights | Transporter HQ

Are you looking for the barn door or tailgate ones. The first pic shows barn door and the lights vary. I fitted the Van-X ones to mine with clear lens.

Van-X | VW T6 Barndoor LED Rear Lights

Disabled the sequential indicating option as preferred just the normal blinking on and off.

Unfortunately i currently have just standard lights, would it be possible to fit OEM 6.1 lights ?
It should be possible. T6 LED were possible, although you needed additional wiring across the rear of the van if you wanted both fogs and reversing lights to work. That’s not essential though, you would just get one of each otherwise.

Have a look at this thread if your seriously considering the T6.1 lights, more information there. They are slightly different because they are full LED whereas T6 were LED/filament bulb combo.

Back