Thoughts on external damage?

Hi,

Hopefully you guys don’t mind a post like this. I’ve been after a caravelle for a while and found something that may go cheap. The problem is it looks like it has been treated really poorly but that’s what might make it affordable for me…

Would anyone be willing to give me opinions on the damage and whether anything would be really difficult to repair or a big problem? The main issues are the passenger sill, which has quite a bit of damage and rust to the back and a small indentation at the front and the roof which just has lots of small dents all over. Would either of these issues put you off?

Thanks

View attachment 231747

View attachment 231753

View attachment 231754

View attachment 231755

View attachment 231756
After having another look and with the van being black it would be no problem to coat the sills once repaired in that rubbery underside floor paint. So wouldn’t need sprayed up to match.
You could manage that yourself.
Grind down the sills to metal removing any rust. I’d be amazed if they needed welded but if they do sort any bad bits. Then coat them yourself with that black chassis paint stuff.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

The van was at auction this morning and to my amazement it went for 26k which was beyond what i was willing to pay.

Hopefully I’ll be back on the forum some day with a less grim van to my name.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

The van was at auction this morning and to my amazement it went for 26k which was beyond what i was willing to pay.

Hopefully I’ll be back on the forum some day with a less grim van to my name.
That'll be tarted up and back for sale for £35k by the end of the month.

Back