Another recommendation for Minster Products here… I’ve had my front screen cover for 3+ years and it’s spot on. I popped down to their warehouse as they‘re local to me… they make wraps for food transportation etc and branched out into doing this. They certainly know their stuff about using these materials to maintain thermal properties. I was really impressed and would definitely recommend them!

F77D4B0E-7E06-4ABF-B1C4-D0FDCD63738E.jpeg

Surprisingly good fit and cheap set from Olpro see image above from this weekend.

I've just ordered one of these as it was £60 cheaper than the Minster version and appears to have similar qualities. (Can't remember who posted the link but it was a forum member on here)

Hopefully it will fit with the ClimAir wind deflectors I've also ordered?!

Just wanted to give another thumbs up for Minster Polar screens. Van arrived earlier than we expected, so getting stuff sorted with for weekends away this summer has been a bit of a rush. Rainbow screens couldn’t help for a number of weeks time, but Minster products were super helpful and got us some front and read screens ready for the Jubilee weekend in only a couple of days. The weather was pretty wet and the screens performed really really well. Even putting them on after the van had condensates up, it soon disappeared once the screens were in place. I’d also read some posts on here about external screens taking on a lot of water in heavy rain, these obviously got wet but are definitely waterproof and dried really quick. Very happy with them.

I've just ordered one of these as it was £60 cheaper than the Minster version and appears to have similar qualities. (Can't remember who posted the link but it was a forum member on here)

Hopefully it will fit with the ClimAir wind deflectors I've also ordered?!
Interested to see how you got on with this? I’m in the same situation and looking at this one also

Interested to see how you got on with this? I’m in the same situation and looking at this one also
Really well thanks.
We've used it in the heat and in winds and found it to perform admirably.
It has a light and a dark side so my wife was worried that putting it black side up would absorb too much heat making the van warm but the insulation performs well.
We haven't yet used it in the rain, so cannot comment on how easy it is to pack away wet but I am very pleased for the price we paid.

20220709_205721.jpg

Really well thanks.
We've used it in the heat and in winds and found it to perform admirably.
It has a light and a dark side so my wife was worried that putting it black side up would absorb too much heat making the van warm but the insulation performs well.
We haven't yet used it in the rain, so cannot comment on how easy it is to pack away wet but I am very pleased for the price we paid.

View attachment 165174
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Glad to hear that you’re getting on well with it. I’ve taken the plunge and ordered it myself, looking forward to putting it through its pace.

Cheers,
Josh

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Glad to hear that you’re getting on well with it. I’ve taken the plunge and ordered it myself, looking forward to putting it through its pace.

Cheers,
Josh
Hi Josh, I’m looking for one to extend the season a little, how are you finding it?

Genuinely fantastic. It’s easy to put up and copes with the rain very well. I’ve not had a single incident of condensation in the van (with the windows rolled down 2in or so) and that is with 2 PAX and 1 dog. Would definitely buy again considering the price and effectiveness. Also fantastic for blocking out the light.

Josh

Can I ask a really basic question? (Didn’t hear a ‘no’ so I’m going to)…

Is there benefit of external over internal?
I like the windscreen uncovered in the day so it lets more light in. At night I can stay in the van and put my internal screens on the front glass. I feel the cold so reducing the number of trips outside after dark is a bonus for me when camping.

I can see external being good for keeping the windscreen clean but if you put them on when it’s dirty is there a risk of scratches? And don’t the covers get wet even with dew etc. meaning putting them away damp if you need to be off?

Maybe I’m missing something really obvious?

Can I ask a really basic question? (Didn’t hear a ‘no’ so I’m going to)…

Is there benefit of external over internal?
I like the windscreen uncovered in the day so it lets more light in. At night I can stay in the van and put my internal screens on the front glass. I feel the cold so reducing the number of trips outside after dark is a bonus for me when camping.

I can see external being good for keeping the windscreen clean but if you put them on when it’s dirty is there a risk of scratches? And don’t the covers get wet even with dew etc. meaning putting them away damp if you need to be off?

Maybe I’m missing something really obvious?
Condensation (or lack of).

With the insulation outside, the inside (glass) doesn't get cold enough for water to condense.

With the insulation inside, the glass gets as cold as if there were none (near enough to make no odds), and so condensation on the glass.

Condensation (or lack of).

With the insulation outside, the inside (glass) doesn't get cold enough for water to condense.

With the insulation inside, the glass gets as cold as if there were none (near enough to make no odds), and so condensation on the glass.
Oh, yes we get a little condensation on the glass. Not as much as I would have thought with three (sometimes four) people and a dog sleeping in there but then I leave both side windows ajar (have wind deflectors so no rain gets in) and we have a full width mesh vent along the top of the pop top front fabric panel.

We have a Kelty double sleeping bag and even with the windows/vent open I still don’t get cold. Can thoroughly recommend one if, like me, you normally feel a bit cold (I wear a thin jumper most of the summer, even in France).

Thanks for taking the time to answer by the way!

Reactions: CAB
Back