The Ultimate Victron Vw Transporter Solar/power Install

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
The Ultimate Victron VW Transporter Solar/Power Install . . . . .

So its no secret that i love Victron gear, it all started when i saw Youtuber Andy Kirby`s Solar-shed adventure (andy kirby) and how he ended up using a Raspberry Pi to run the awesome Victron head end so he could control and monitor his setup remotely . . . . and at a fraction of the price.

This Solar-Rabbit-Hole lead me to Youtuber Jono (Journey with Jono) and his Victron Lithium powered river boat. . . . which is awsome by the way.

Now going full circle we have a VW Transporter Build . . . .With Jono and Victron....

The guys have built the ultimate VW Victron build . . . . Obviously its way OTT, but gets the grey-matter thinking . . . . . . . . . i could do that, well maybe bits of it.

So here is is . . . . a 4x part build, watch, enjoy, learn and get motivated :

Part1-

This is the first in a series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about.

part2-

This is the second in a series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about. Two qualified Victron engineers install the cabling from the vans engine alternator and limit the voltage and current using a Buck-Boost. We detail how this is set up using the TSConfig software step by step.

part3-

This is the third in a series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about. Two qualified Victron engineers install a MultiPlus supplied via a new shoreline connection. They have also installed a Galvanic Isolation transformer and why. We detail how this is all set up using the Victron Config software step by step.

part4-

This is the fourth and final episode in our series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about.

links:

Victron Energy

Journey with Jono

andy kirby

Victron VW Van Electrics Install - Schematic Drawings - Victron Energy

Victron VW Van Electrics Install - Schematic Drawings
2525-van-overall-idea.png

You may have seen our VW Van videos on YouTube.

If you haven't here is a link to them:
Episode 1 - Solar:
Episode 2 - Alternator:
Episode 3 - Mains Electricity:
Episode 4 - Color Control & Battery Monitor:

Here are the slides for the concept:

Single Line Diagram PNG images

Overall Idea

Solar Idea

Alternator Idea

Single Line Diagram PDFs

SLD - Victron Van - Automotive - Alternator.pdf

SLD - Victron Van - Automotive - Overall.pdf

SLD - Victron Van - Automotive - Solar.pdf

After lots of tweaks and changes, here are the schematic drawings for each section of the vans install:

Detailed Schematic PNG Images

Solar

Alternator

Mains Electricity

Full Schematic Wiring Diagram

Detailed Schematic PDFs

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Alternator.pdf

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Full.pdf

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Multi.pdf

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Solar.pdf

The Ultimate Victron VW Transporter Solar/Power Install . . . . .

So its no secret that i love Victron gear, it all started when i saw Youtuber Andy Kirby`s Solar-shed adventure (andy kirby) and how he ended up using a Raspberry Pi to run the awesome Victron head end so he could control and monitor his setup remotely . . . . and at a fraction of the price.

This Solar-Rabbit-Hole lead me to Youtuber Jono (Journey with Jono) and his Victron Lithium powered river boat. . . . which is awsome by the way.

Now going full circle we have a VW Transporter Build . . . .With Jono and Victron....

The guys have built the ultimate VW Victron build . . . . Obviously its way OTT, but gets the grey-matter thinking . . . . . . . . . i could do that, well maybe bits of it.

So here is is . . . . a 4x part build, watch, enjoy, learn and get motivated :

Part1-

This is the first in a series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about.

part2-

This is the second in a series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about. Two qualified Victron engineers install the cabling from the vans engine alternator and limit the voltage and current using a Buck-Boost. We detail how this is set up using the TSConfig software step by step.

part3-

This is the third in a series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about. Two qualified Victron engineers install a MultiPlus supplied via a new shoreline connection. They have also installed a Galvanic Isolation transformer and why. We detail how this is all set up using the Victron Config software step by step.

part4-

This is the fourth and final episode in our series of how Victron fitted out a VW Van with a wide range of applications to power it whilst out and about.

links:

Victron Energy

Journey with Jono

andy kirby

Victron VW Van Electrics Install - Schematic Drawings - Victron Energy

Victron VW Van Electrics Install - Schematic Drawings
2525-van-overall-idea.png

You may have seen our VW Van videos on YouTube.

If you haven't here is a link to them:
Episode 1 - Solar:
Episode 2 - Alternator:
Episode 3 - Mains Electricity:
Episode 4 - Color Control & Battery Monitor:

Here are the slides for the concept:

Single Line Diagram PNG images

Overall Idea

Solar Idea

Alternator Idea

Single Line Diagram PDFs

SLD - Victron Van - Automotive - Alternator.pdf

SLD - Victron Van - Automotive - Overall.pdf

SLD - Victron Van - Automotive - Solar.pdf

After lots of tweaks and changes, here are the schematic drawings for each section of the vans install:

Detailed Schematic PNG Images

Solar

Alternator

Mains Electricity

Full Schematic Wiring Diagram

Detailed Schematic PDFs

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Alternator.pdf

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Full.pdf

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Multi.pdf

DS - Victron Van - Automotive - Solar.pdf
Cracking

Back