The Isle Of Mull Advice

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Were planning a scotland road trip for a week, one of our destinations is the isle of mull for 2 nights. Its our 1st time on mull so we are unsure whether to wild camp or find a campsite ?
Any help or advice on good campsites or places to park up would be great thanks :thumbsup:

We wild camped at Calgary Bay last October. Honesty box by the toilets. Take plenty of water with you as tap water not drinkable in many places.

The forestry commission car parks don’t have height restrictions so plenty of places to stay around the island.

Park4night spot about 45 mins walk from Tobermory is lovely with toilets during the day if you need them and I seem to remember barbecue spots as well.

Tobermory marina has showers and washing machines for a fee.

I have only been to mull once for an overnight to do Ben more and I parked up on the sea front at the bottom of the trail at Dhiseig, only thing Al say is if yer van is lowered then it may be a bit of a challenge as the road sits a bit high from the grass , would have loved to have headed down to Calgary beach if am honest but just didn't have the time , as stated above there is great toilet facilities at tobermory but can't mind the price but was great value , think there is three camp sites in mull but I havent had the pleasure so can't comment , download an app called wikicamps , really gd AV found for a quick search for camp sites or even spots for pitching tents
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.angryrobot.wikicampsuk

IMG_20190503_082640.jpg

IMG_20190503_082711.jpg

We went over as foot passengers on the ferry so can’t comment on the campsites. Had planned to take the van but the ferry from Oban booked up really quickly for vehicles so worth securing ASAP

Did a move to Tobermory in 2017, loved Mull it was milder than down South and the ferry from Oban was on sea like a millpond. It's on the list for future trips once children and other things are less of an issue.

Back