Camping and Caravan Club Membership Extension Due To Lockdown

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I was under the impression that current memberships for C&CC were being extended to compensate for the period of lockdown when sites have been closed. However, ours expires next month and I have just had a letter asking me to renew from then. To be honest, I'm already questioning whether I want to renew at this time due to some sites remaining closed for the time being and some that are opening having no or very limited sanitary facilities available when they do open (and maybe being packed full as well). In any event, I would have expected my current membership to be extended rather than the 4 months (or whatever it turns out to be) being added to next year. Maybe it's just that my current membership expires at the wrong time but I was wondering if anybody else had a view on the C&CC policy?

I think a membership may enable access when demand is expected to be very high this year. best option aboout the extension is probably to give them a call.

You can’t call them at the moment as they are busy and taking emails only.

There is something on this on the FAQs if you haven’t seen that already but I haven’t read it so I don’t know if it will answer your question. I think you should get an extension and the reminder is probably just an automated mail out. There is a messaging tool on the website and account queries is a category so worth putting your question in there.

The FAQs say your membership should be extended so I think it’s just the process that broken

CGT - As you say, they're not taking calls but I did email them yesterday and am waiting on their response. The letter that I received with the renewal notice (dated 3 June but arrived 16 June) mentions the extension but is still not clear on whether they mean the current membership or the next one - I'm thinking it's the latter because it's written in the context of a renewal reminder and the fact that the enclosed membership cards say that they are valid 'only' until 17 July 2021. BUT, as you suggest, it might just be the automated process that's not caught up yet and a bit of admin incompetence has also got mixed in. I'll report back in due course.Words.jpg

From my experience, they will take some time to respond but they were quicker responding than the automated email indicated which panicked me a bit! I still have an open query with them myself on our eurotunnel booking which needs rebooking or cancelling but as is for July I need to wait until they have dealt with more urgent requests.

I’m sure that they will honour the extension on your current membership which surely must be the intention of their promise and not that you have buy a new membership to benefit as that seems a little opportunistic

I had a renewal this month and they said because they dont know the length of closure their extend this years membership
So i renewed 1st june will probably expire September 2021 not june

Last edited:
Back