The darned VW bumper protector

Sorry to restart an old post but I've been trying to find the info on the forum with no luck...
How do remove the OEM bumper protector? Is it glued/taped or fixed with hidden fastenings? Thank you.

When our van was detailed in December,ours was done with Feynlab Plastic and still looks pretty good now although its filthy at the minute! I looked the stuff up because i couldnt believe how good all the plastics on the van looked and if i remember rightly,it wasnt cheap by any means but it is really good

The carbon ones look good, imo, and will be lacquered, so should stay, looking good, with a bit of ‘spit and polish’

Thank you guys, so hopefully I won't wreck the paintwork trying to get it off. Just need to find something we like to replace it with.
It will not come off easily. The genuine kit uses 3m vhb tape with a seperate adhesion promoter.

Any recommendations for a protector that fits properly? Preferably in matt black.
I've just had rear bumper resprayed( it got delivered damaged, dealer paid and to get fixed) and had one to fit but bodyshop wouldn't fit it as it doesn't fit right, gaps and would start to rub on doors.
So looking for decent one , should I go vw dealer?
Thanks

Back