Team Starlight Blue

E6A7FBFF-A8BE-4894-B35B-90A9753E4E3C.JPG

So big clean up yesterday and this morning, paintwork is actually in really good shape, no dings, just a few (expected) stone chips but the paintwork needed a lot of work to get to this. Full decontamination by snow foam, first shampoo, then de-tarring, second shampoo, clay mitt, third shampoo, then two stage machine polish and two coats of ceramic wax. Its actually cleaned up beautifully and I never really saw how good this cold was until polishing it up in the sunlight. Spent about 8 hrs on it yesterday, next job is sorting out wheels this week.

Anyone wish to own up to shopping in IKEA Reading this morning?
I thought it would be rude not to take a comparison pic. :)

IMG_20200908_121855~2.jpg

I’ve been sent a pic of Burt from the converters pre conversion. 199ps 4 motion, led’s. Can’t wait to join the starlight club. Only 2-3 weeks to wait.

08BD10EC-B8A9-4850-BE13-111CA032822E.jpeg

Our starlight is being dropped off to the same converters soon. I saw yours when we went over the other day.

Good luck with your conversion. Bet yiur as excited as we are. From what I’d seen of their vans I cannot wait. I’m counting the days.

We are dropping it off at Cambridge campervans but not sure which converter will be doing the work.
I think it’s camper King conversions, but I’ll ask the question when I talk to them next. Really pleased with conversions I’ve seen on the forecourts.

I think it’s camper King conversions, but I’ll ask the question when I talk to them next. Really pleased with conversions I’ve seen on the forecourts.
They also seem to use campervanz in Worksop and another one local to Cambridge who's name escapes me at the moment. But yes we are happy with the conversions we've seen from them.

View attachment 83865

So I've been searching and searching for a TSI for many months and this one came up which I collected yesterday. Even though I might not have chosen Starlight if I was speccing from new, I actually now think its one of the best colours. The van is a TSI 150 Manual Kombi with 21K on it, Highline, tailgate, heated seats, nav etc. Lowered on H&R's. First job this weekend will be complete decontamination, clean, clay, paint correction by DA and ceramic wax. Next job will be Revo stage 1 map to approx 300hp. Then swap out the wheels and tyres in the next week or so, window tints, trap side bars, maybe a splitter.

My only regret is not getting one with LED's but the TSI's are so rare that I'll just have to live with it, although I've got a T6 at work that was upgraded to Guardian LED's and its actually pretty decent, certainly a lot better than the stock 'candles'.

Longer term, Hilo or Stealth Poptop, maybe slide pod or similar.

Looking forward to sharing the journey in the group fellow Starlighters!
This is what I’m looking for - can you recommend sites to look at please? Thanks

Back