Team Starlight Blue

Dear G.L, Tip from a newbie who has never been out in his van: spend, spend and spend more, has to be the mindset or you will regret it. Oh yes, when we are allowed out to travel fingers crossed we enjoy our handiwork And forget about the dent in our bank balance. That is my approach anyway. Ps nice van.

How is this colour after few years of use? Difficult or easy to maintain? Any pictures of few days or weeks worth of dust / road dirt on one? Is it easier to live with than Black? Thanks

How is this colour after few years of use? Difficult or easy to maintain? Any pictures of few days or weeks worth of dust / road dirt on one? Is it easier to live with than Black? Thanks
I'd say easier than black but still a pain.
It looks amazing clean and dirty tbh..in 1 light it's blue, another it's purple with so much sparkle.

The paint is quite easy to swirl up but then they all are really.

Mines just been in for ceramic coating at 2 years old and it looks amazing.

Personally I think it's the most underated colour choice. I'd order it again if available in a few years.

No sunny pics to jand:confused:

PXL_20210409_164807139.jpg

I've only had mine for a few weeks, but i like it so far. Seems to hide scratches and damage well unless really clean and in bright sunlight, i found some new issues with mine when i washed it the other day that i can't really see in any other conditions even knowing it's there. Seems to hide rust well too, but damage with primer showing is very obvious. Seems to hide light dust well, but anything more really shows up. The first pic is dirty and the second is two days later after quickly hosing it off with the firehose at work. Note the stone chips on the bonnet in the first pic, they really light up. Fixed them yesterday with a kit from VW so they are hidden now.

20210407_105737.jpg

20210409_140315.jpg

How much

How much do they charge for paint correction and ceramic coating if you know?
I paid £550 for the ceramic coating but that also included a hydrophilic top coat to paint and glass, wheel coatings plus interior leather treatment and hydrophilic coating to all carpets (which is a godsend with 3 messy kids!)

Any SB with signwriting? Looking for inspiration and different colour combinations, thanks!

Last edited:
Back