Team Starlight Blue

Finally I’m in the club! Was due early Sept but after much ballaching with a WLTP derogation application I gave up and switched to the newer, WLTP compliant 199ps 4motion, which I picked up a week ago. Absolutely love it!
Lots of plans and many miles to cover

9D420EEF-CF2E-4525-A2FE-A3ED138B0F8B.jpeg

Finally I’m in the club! Was due early Sept but after much ballaching with a WLTP derogation application I gave up and switched to the newer, WLTP compliant 199ps 4motion, which I picked up a week ago. Absolutely love it!
Lots of plans and many miles to cover

View attachment 57129

great looking van @Village, can I ask what size wheels and springs you are on? My next project is to lower mine and aiming for something similar to your setup

great looking van @Village, can I ask what size wheels and springs you are on? My next project is to lower mine and aiming for something similar to your setup
Why thank you!
The wheels are 20x9 on ET45. And it’s on eibach coilovers that’re about 55-60mm down

I think the colour can often look a bit dull, but actually it isn't, and with a bit of work and the right light you can really bring out the detail in it

I'd agree with that statement.

It's one of those colours that really pops in the sunlight, but without the sunlight or bright lighting, it can look a little dull (your words)

A bit like mine in Black. It looks awesome when it's clean, but being Black it's just so much work and inevitably ends up looking dirty more than it looks clean.

I'd agree with that statement.

It's one of those colours that really pops in the sunlight, but without the sunlight or bright lighting, it can look a little dull (your words)

A bit like mine in Black. It looks awesome when it's clean, but being Black it's just so much work and inevitably ends up looking dirty more than it looks clean.
Yup that's fair! Exactly how i see it and i can see this being on a par with black in terms of effort required. I'm hoping the serum will alleviate that the large degree though

Looks absolutely mint @Village - had my Starlight Blue done recently too and looking forwards (?!) to the first wash to see how much easier the dirt comes off.

Hi all, just about to order a t6.1 and my 1st choice was indium grey as I had an off road grey T5 and it aged well. I do quite like starlight blue too but wanted to know from you guys who own them, do they stay looking good like the grey ? I looked after my grey one but even when dirty it looked good. I've seen some old starlight blue ones that look a bit hazy or smeary . Yeah could be they just haven't looked after them.

Probably sounding a bit mad lol but it's a lot of money to get the colour wrong.

Hi all, just about to order a t6.1 and my 1st choice was indium grey as I had an off road grey T5 and it aged well. I do quite like starlight blue too but wanted to know from you guys who own them, do they stay looking good like the grey ? I looked after my grey one but even when dirty it looked good. I've seen some old starlight blue ones that look a bit hazy or smeary . Yeah could be they just haven't looked after them.

Probably sounding a bit mad lol but it's a lot of money to get the colour wrong.

I've got to be honest, i think it looks amazing when clean with tidy paintwork, the paint really pops, but when it's dirty is does look kinda dull (repeating myself here!). I dont really mind that though; a nice contrast

On a detailing view the Starlight on will look ace if its kept clean and the paintwork looked after. Can get some nice wet look gloss from that paint. However it shows dirt very quickly.
Iridium grey on the other hand looks cleaner for longer.
I have bought grey on all my motors but my last one over the last 10 years and now regret not getting that in grey. Its a fiesta st line in deep impact blue and when its clean its beautiful....but only stays clean for about half a minute. Even in the summer you can see pollen dust settling on it from a mile off just after a clean.

Cheers guys

Must admit a few years ago when I got the wife an Audi A3 we went with scuba blue as we didn't want a matching grey car and van. The scuba blue looks great when clean but soon looks dirty, like you say.

Cheers guys

Must admit a few years ago when I got the wife an Audi A3 we went with scuba blue as we didn't want a matching grey car and van. The scuba blue looks great when clean but soon looks dirty, like you say.
Dare i say it ....................looks like you may join team grey :speechless:

20200314_151633.jpg
After posting this on "what have you done to your van today", I thought it was appropriate to post the love in Starlight blue.
First attempt using a DA, very happy I got one!

Back