Team Leisuredrive

I know that there are a lot of Leisuredrive campervans out in the wild, but no idea how many are on T6F.

No matter, there is at least me and @Sib , and more than one makes a Team :laugh:

My comprehensive picture review of the Leisuredrive Vivante is linked below, so this thread is for all those pics of our Vivante and Crusaders being used, abused, changed, modded (but not too much !! ) and generally enjoyed at home and away.

Having picked up the van (safely!) in the middle of lockdown, this was our first weekend away. The full setup shown at Camp (Teversal C&CC), and then an afternoon sat in the sun at Hardwick Hall.

View attachment 78020

View attachment 78021
Hello, can I ask if you can get under car park barriers with 2.05m height restrictions. We have just purchased a Vivante with pop top and awning and I’m wondering if we will be able to use our local
Car parks….

Hello, can I ask if you can get under car park barriers with 2.05m height restrictions. We have just purchased a Vivante with pop top and awning and I’m wondering if we will be able to use our local
Car parks….
Hi Jenny. The Handbook has the height at 1980mm, but I measured ours at 2.05 m.

I have had no problem with 2.1m barriers, I haven't been brave enough to go for a 2.0 m one. We used the Churchill Square car park in Brighton (don't ask!!! :() which was listed at 2.13m with no issues.

We tend to use Parkopedia which lists height restrictions.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

Does anyone actually use the little table that makes up the end of the double bed? We’ve re purposed ours, adding a table attachment to make a nifty smaller table, an added bonus is that it fits perfectly in storage slot :cool:

View attachment 110223

While I'm on here, I'll show off our new mini 'table' (aka the bottom of the bed) which our dealer kindly got from Leisuredrive for us.

DSC_3237.JPG

I have had no problem with 2.1m barriers, I haven't been brave enough to go for a 2.0 m one. We used the Churchill Square car park in Brighton (don't ask!!! :() which was listed at 2.13m with no issues.

Hello again!
We measured ar 2.05 the same as you and that is the stated height of the barriers in the car parks we would usually use.
So, too scared to risk it, we drove round and have found an open car park. Bit further to walk but better safe than sorry.
We have also noticed an annoying rattle. Seems to be coming from the passenger seat!!!

Hello again!
We measured ar 2.05 the same as you and that is the stated height of the barriers in the car parks we would usually use.
So, too scared to risk it, we drove round and have found an open car park. Bit further to walk but better safe than sorry.
We have also noticed an annoying rattle. Seems to be coming from the passenger seat!!!
Leave the passenger at home!

Do you have the safe? I had to put a couple of plastic stick on bits onto the corners, the little things you stick on kitchen drawers.

One barrier we went under on my brother's van, Mrs CAB inched forward while I opened the passenger door and stood on the foot well, checking it was clear.

Leave the passenger at home!

Do you have the safe? I had to put a couple of plastic stick on bits onto the corners, the little things you stick on kitchen drawers.

One barrier we went under on my brother's van, Mrs CAB inched forward while I opened the passenger door and stood on the foot well, checking it was clear.
Yes we have a safe. The only noise is a rattle from the seat, without passenger !
We have wedged a piece of cloth in the back and seems a bit better, may need a bit more.
First proper outing is in a couple of weeks so we will see what happens then!!

Reactions: CAB
Announcing …………..
Team Leisuredrive !!

View attachment 78016View attachment 78019

You’ll come for the naff logos and graphics, but you’ll stay for the finest sheep wool insulation, blackout curtains, crash tested seating and beds, in-house roofs (choosing either the bathtub side lift elevating or the sleek and aesthetically stunning [so it says..] hi-top roof!), beautiful hand-crafted kitchens, fully fitted high spec Dometic appliances, a large range of upholstery, maximised storage, six-year warranty, and 50 years of experience with models refined over the years to provide superior comfort, practicality and safety when driving as well as sleeping (as the brochure says :laugh: ).

So, come on you Leisuredrive Lurkers, show us you van!
Six-year warranty is industry leading!

That’s fab! We’ve actually just sold our Vivante, we’re looking to use van a lot more so needed a larger size especially with dogs so have ordered a new Adria Twin 6m. Also a little disappointed with LD
Hi Jacki. I can't imagine one dog in ours, let alone plural! What sort of price did you get if you don't mind me asking, hopefully you didn't lose much considering the demand at the moment?

The Adria Twins look very nice, we are considering something similar in a few years when we can spend longer away.

It seems people have mixed views of LD; if you wanted to record your experience then you can put a thread here:

Interesting that you say you were disappointed with Leisuredrive JackiG, and your comment re mixed reviews CAB.

On balance we are happy with ours..... BUT have been very unimpressed with LD's aftersales support..... ignored emails and lack of Quality Control that has meant we have had to ultimately sort a few bits at our expense. And yes - no proper clean, valet prior to collection. I had to remove the glue residue from masking tape around the windows, sawdust from cupboards etc.

Whilst we do like the van, we wish we had bought from a different converter as we reckon we would have had a much better post sales experience.

Hello again, can I ask a silly question?
we are on our first trip out and have attached to the electric hook up. Are we right to have the control panel set to leisure. The options are vehicle, leisure or off….
And do we need the auxiliary switch on?
Thanks in advance!
Jenny

Hello again, can I ask a silly question?
we are on our first trip out and have attached to the electric hook up. Are we right to have the control panel set to leisure. The options are vehicle, leisure or off….
And do we need the auxiliary switch on?
Thanks in advance!
Jenny
Hopefully you have figured it out by now, but yes, Leisure, and Aux on.

The battery switch determines which battery you are using to power lights, pumps etc. When on site it should be Leisure battery.

The Aux powers various things, I think it is the fridge light, toilet flush, maybe also any extra USB or 12v sockets in the back.

Not a silly question if you don't know the answer! Hope you are having a great time.

Hopefully you have figured it out by now, but yes, Leisure, and Aux on.

The battery switch determines which battery you are using to power lights, pumps etc. When on site it should be Leisure battery.

The Aux powers various things, I think it is the fridge light, toilet flush, maybe also any extra USB or 12v sockets in the back.

Not a silly question if you don't know the answer! Hope you are having a great time.
Thanks so much, yes we realised eventually …
Everything is working as it should and we are enjoying it apart from the worst night’s sleep ever…
We are off to Dunelm shortly to buy a memory foam topper. I purchased top of the range sleeping bags but due to a bad back I can’t turn over when it’s zipped up!!
So we are going to have them loose on top of us and get some sort of topper and sheet for underneath. I never sleep through anyway but last night was worse than usual! Thanks again!
Jenny

• Sad
Thanks so much, yes we realised eventually …
Everything is working as it should and we are enjoying it apart from the worst night’s sleep ever…
We are off to Dunelm shortly to buy a memory foam topper. I purchased top of the range sleeping bags but due to a bad back I can’t turn over when it’s zipped up!!
So we are going to have them loose on top of us and get some sort of topper and sheet for underneath. I never sleep through anyway but last night was worse than usual! Thanks again!
Jenny
Fingers crossed for a better night tonight!! :thumbsup:

Back