Team Leisuredrive

Took the Palm and ‘Vivante by Leisuredrive‘ off today. Hardly used the hairdryer as they came off quite easily. Quick wipe over with alcohol afterwards to remove any glue residue. They were stretchy vinyl, just used my nail to get under each letter - no marks.

i presume the blocks under your hinges are foam pads which have come unstuck from the contour?

agree with CAB re the roof. Whoever you bought it from should respray it - looks like a stick on solar panel has been removed.
No mate, they're metal not foam! Good spot though - that seems to be the difference from the standard hinges of that era: other ones don't have that metal spacer and sit flush, like the ones just visible in the pic below. Definitely need to speak to Leisuredrive methinks...

1651594294729.png

Reactions: CAB
So, been out for a good look and discovered the following:
(1) two metal spacers have been placed between the van body and the lower hinge part at both ends of the roof
(2) the spacers are having the effect of lifting the hinges higher, and consequently the roof (when down) sits further over to the passenger side than the driver's side

The photos show the effect of (2), with the edge of each side of the roof not lining up with the edge of the roof spoiler in front.

I have no idea why this has been done. I'm assuming Leisuredrive did it, as the nuts holding the lower hinges on seem inaccessible without removing loads of trim, cupboards, roof carpeting etc etc. But why?!?

Not what I wanted to find after lashing a lot of money on a 'forever' van :mad:

60789493-3D0A-49C9-9E83-AAB1479270EA.jpeg68182A28-6E86-4820-BDDE-41B8D7897394.jpeg6176CCDC-EFC3-4774-BDC9-6FCB8F88A0CB.jpeg

So, been out for a good look and discovered the following:
(1) two metal spacers have been placed between the van body and the lower hinge part at both ends of the roof
(2) the spacers are having the effect of lifting the hinges higher, and consequently the roof (when down) sits further over to the passenger side than the driver's side

The photos show the effect of (2), with the edge of each side of the roof not lining up with the edge of the roof spoiler in front.

I have no idea why this has been done. I'm assuming Leisuredrive did it, as the nuts holding the lower hinges on seem inaccessible without removing loads of trim, cupboards, roof carpeting etc etc. But why?!?

Not what I wanted to find after lashing a lot of money on a 'forever' van :mad:

View attachment 155356View attachment 155357View attachment 155358
Doesn't look right, definitely get LD's opinion.

Doesn't look right, definitely get LD's opinion.
Spoken to Leisuredrive, who claim it wouldn't have been them that did this. I assumed it must have been as I couldn't see how someone could refit the roof without removing all the cupboards, lining etc where the hinges fit. In hindsight, though, I think the hinges have been fitted to the bodywork with plusnuts, which can be fitted from outside and expand behind the hole.

So, next week I'm going to try and take it off and refit it without the spacer bars. Wish me luck :oops:

Other jobs to do: replace the curtain wire with black rather than white, replace the missing water container, find a better home for the table a la CAB plus the biggie - just ordered a replacement canvas with scenic zip!

Oh and forgot to say - all the Leisuredrive logos and decals come off really easily with a hair dryer. Removed all of mine, plus the naff (in my opinion) chrome flashy bits, and it looks a million times better.

If you have the blobby Leisuredrive 3D letters on the sides and decide to remove them, don't scrape them off. Hair dryer first then just peel with your fingers.

Just FYI in case it helps anyone else.

As well as the obvious use of a camper van, I intend to use my Vivante as a mobile office when I get the chance (I work in IT so only need a laptop). I've recently bought a large 'power station' that will recharge the laptop a number of times (320kwh available).

The power station can run a 3 pin plug, USBs and a USB-C, plus 12v stuff via the cigarette lighter adaptor. It can be recharged from the mains, from the van itself when travelling, or via a solar panel.

Being slimline, it fits very nicely in the cupboard above the toilet (brown box contains all the charging leads, solar connectors, etc). Not cheap but means I can work offgrid and the kids can run mains items while travelling.

.42B9CDEC-FA69-48B4-B7DC-86F3E80F4B4F.jpeg

Hi, just joined and about to become a @teamLeisuredrive member c/o a 2018 lwb T6 hardtop Vivante from Bridgewater. Candy white, highline spec with an awning and awning rail. All decals to be removed. Picking it up in a week or so. Photos to follow. First time campervan, but not new to camping so bound to have questions!

Hi, just joined and about to become a @teamLeisuredrive member c/o a 2018 lwb T6 hardtop Vivante from Bridgewater. Candy white, highline spec with an awning and awning rail. All decals to be removed. Picking it up in a week or so. Photos to follow. First time campervan, but not new to camping so bound to have questions!
Looking forward to seeing it

I see how it works now with a LWB.

Is it a factory hitop or LD's?

And as he said, pics when you get it!

Does anyone actually use the little table that makes up the end of the double bed? We’ve re purposed ours, adding a table attachment to make a nifty smaller table, an added bonus is that it fits perfectly in storage slot :cool:

View attachment 110223
What a great idea. My partner was saying a smaller table would suit for in the evenings watching TV etc...
I'm not sure ours came with that piece for the double bed. I'll have a good look later in case i've missed it. We always said there was something missing for the double bed to work properly. Is this the bit that would bridge the gap over the handbrake?

What a great idea. My partner was saying a smaller table would suit for in the evenings watching TV etc...
I'm not sure ours came with that piece for the double bed. I'll have a good look later in case i've missed it. We always said there was something missing for the double bed to work properly. Is this the bit that would bridge the gap over the handbrake?
We were told they don’t make them anymore.

You can probably buy a similar size custom table top, then prop it up at one end on the middle piece, and the other end resting on the headrests or other solid items you may have, just don't put all your weight on it!

It doesn't need to go all the way to the end to be useful.

I posted this picture in another forum a few days ago before I discovered the Leisuredrive forum.
This is our baby, just happened to pop into Leisuredrive the day after she was sold back to them and we fell in love instantly.
Solar panels, diesel heater, upgraded water tank and lovely black leather interior
Still could be tempted to buy something a little bigger with a fixed bed but for now we'll be enjoying our travels in this head turner :cool:

tempImageUmqRB7.png

I posted this picture in another forum a few days ago before I discovered the Leisuredrive forum.
This is our baby, just happened to pop into Leisuredrive the day after she was sold back to them and we fell in love instantly.
Solar panels, diesel heater, upgraded water tank and lovely black leather interior
Still could be tempted to buy something a little bigger with a fixed bed but for now we'll be enjoying our travels in this head turner :cool:

View attachment 162580
Looks nice, any internal pics?

Hi all -

Not sure how many of you out there have a side-opening pop top on your Leisuredrive (e.g. on the Vivante), but if so I wonder if I can trouble you for a little help. I need to collect some internal photos of the canvas that shows the quality of work, such as the stitching, neatness of finishing etc. This is not an attempt to show Leisuredrive aren't doing a good job - this is absolutely not related to Leisuredrive, but related to a job I had done on my canvas that the independent company responsible claims was done to as good a level as Leisuredrive's original.

As I don't have the original canvas any more, I'm looking for some example photos of Leisuredrive canvas work that I can compare against the new work done, if that makes sense!

I've attached one image as an example of what would be useful.

Appreciate any help you can give.

1665061087854.png

Hi all -

Not sure how many of you out there have a side-opening pop top on your Leisuredrive (e.g. on the Vivante), but if so I wonder if I can trouble you for a little help. I need to collect some internal photos of the canvas that shows the quality of work, such as the stitching, neatness of finishing etc. This is not an attempt to show Leisuredrive aren't doing a good job - this is absolutely not related to Leisuredrive, but related to a job I had done on my canvas that the independent company responsible claims was done to as good a level as Leisuredrive's original.

As I don't have the original canvas any more, I'm looking for some example photos of Leisuredrive canvas work that I can compare against the new work done, if that makes sense!

I've attached one image as an example of what would be useful.

Appreciate any help you can give.

View attachment 175146
Happy to do so at the weekend, if that's ok?

Back