Team Leighton Vans.

It’s the torque that is different, Pendle map the 5 speed to around 330-340nm and the 6 speed to around the 420nm
It’s the same engine just a different gearbox, as had been mentioned the torque is limited to handle the fragile 5 speed. The 84ps goes to 170/180 too - what an upgrade - this is one of my favourite maps available from Revo.

Sorry to bring up an old post but just reading this thread for the first time and am not sure about these.

As far as I understand then its the horsepower that you map and the torque is a function of that horsepower.

Ie Horsepower = Torque x (RPM / 5252). (thats why at 5252 revs is where the HP and Torque curves cross).

So if the engine is the same then and the power of each map is the same then the torques at the flywheel will be the same. The only difference between these is because the gear ratio in the gear box. Therefore mapping an engine to the same horsepower produces the same torque at the flywheel what ever the gearbox. The difference in torque figures that are being quoted is because they are being measured at the wheels not the flywheel. So if in this case it cant be to protect a gearbox.

I thought they mapped to torque, and changed the torque across the rev band to make it more driveable.
It’s torque that kills a gearbox, so the delivery of that is key to preserving the gearbox.

Pete

I thought they mapped to torque, and changed the torque across the rev band to make it more driveable.
It’s torque that kills a gearbox, so the delivery of that is key to preserving the gearbox.

Pete
Well if we consider at 5252 revs then Horsepower = Torque. So basically at any particular revs you cant increase 1 without the other. My point still stands.

Back