Team Indium Grey

funny you say that...... it is a Leighton Vans, van. Lovely looking and nice spec, now to start the modifications.
Where you based?

I can spot one a mile off ...... mine is too .... I guess you may have spotted the clue in my Avatar ? :D Even though LV's are highed spec'd and pretty mod'd already ..... I've managed to find quite a bit more to add/change to get it perfectly tuned for what I bought it for. I'm just over in Esher.

20180827_233238.jpg

I can spot one a mile off ...... mine is too .... I guess you may have spotted the clue in my Avatar ? :D Even though LV's are highed spec'd and pretty mod'd already ..... I've managed to find quite a bit more to add/change to get it perfectly tuned for what I bought it for. I'm just over in Esher.

View attachment 58324

Yours looks really nice. That’s one thing I was going to change with mine and go to black roof rails and side rails instead of the chrome.

first things are to get the roof done (booked in for March) and the suspension sorted out. Then it will be on to converting inside to be flexible camper / van.

I’m over in Chessington so not far at all. Are you going to the VW show at Sandown in March?

View attachment 58324
You ever ride at Swinley?

Yours looks really nice. That’s one thing I was going to change with mine and go to black roof rails and side rails instead of the chrome.

first things are to get the roof done (booked in for March) and the suspension sorted out. Then it will be on to converting inside to be flexible camper / van.

I’m over in Chessington so not far at all. Are you going to the VW show at Sandown in March?

Thanks ! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're planning a lot. Different type of use to me. Mine is all mod'd for long distance high speed runs carrying MTBikes and associated equipment. So, made it a car really. Very pleased with it. Sorry, I don't do the Sandown show but I see it all pass by anyway as I live there :laugh: It's quite orientated to the retro VW stuff, 'showing' and VW 'lifestyle'etc ........ they don't really want me there talking about Horsepower, big 6-pot brakes, ARB's, Spring rates, tuning high/low speed compression rates on shocks etc etc :laugh:

Last edited:
You ever ride at Swinley?

Hey Rob ... I have done but too much pedaling, so not been recently. Tend to do Surrey Hills and Rogate ..... but also I'm a bit fair weather .... berms featuring their own lakes and mud porridge tracks not so interesting :laugh:

If you're who I think you might be .... I am a channel subscriber as well :D

Evening bud
What sort of discount did you get on the van?

I went through a company called autoebid @Dannyb6467

You spec the van, then VW garages compete against each other for your order. Only any good if you're buying brand new, but at least you know the price you pay is the most competitive you'll find in the uk.

I went through a company called autoebid @Dannyb6467

You spec the van, then VW garages compete against each other for your order. Only any good if you're buying brand new, but at least you know the price you pay is the most competitive you'll find in the uk.
Good point.
I had my current van from Happynewvan.com who were brilliant but at the same time I use a great dealer in Droitwich. I wanted to get some idea of costs before offering them a chance. I'll try Autoebid now. I just saw them on Google too.
Are you pleased with the van?

Are you pleased with the van?

yes dan, all spot on... Buying a new car at a sales centre can be an awful and unpleasant experience especially when they try the hard sell and reel off all that sales crap... that's why I decided to bypass sales this time... The only time I had to speak to a sales guy was when I collected the van... So it was a much easier process.

Back