Team Fortana Red

Looks cracking!!! Sounds like you’re going for the same spec conversion (and order of conversion) that I’m aiming for! Estimated delivery for mine is Jan ‘22

Think Skyline is the way to go roof wise. Any pics/specs/prices of the multi rail? Where did you have the work done?
Thanks, really is a stunning colour. Had the work done over at cosmic campervans in Derby, they really have done a quality job. Will be going back to them soon for diesel heater installation. They're skyline's Midlands distributor. All the current pricing is on their website, i think the reimo multi rail was £280 fitted, haven't got any up close pics of the multi rail, try and get some tomorrow.
Had to play the waiting game for mine too, ordered mine Oct '20, was told delivery may '21 and it was at the dealership and registered march 1st. Don't think many was as lucky as me, definitely worth the wait though.

Thanks, really is a stunning colour. Had the work done over at cosmic campervans in Derby, they really have done a quality job. Will be going back to them soon for diesel heater installation. They're skyline's Midlands distributor. All the current pricing is on their website, i think the reimo multi rail was £280 fitted, haven't got any up close pics of the multi rail, try and get some tomorrow.
Had to play the waiting game for mine too, ordered mine Oct '20, was told delivery may '21 and it was at the dealership and registered march 1st. Don't think many was as lucky as me, definitely worth the wait though.
What a coincidence! It’s Cosmic campervans who I’m looking at to do my pop top. Also thinking to have a solar panel installed at the same time. How have you found them work and customer service wise?

I’m expecting mine in January although I suspect it will be at least March based on the ‘order delays’ thread on here. So happy I opted for Fortana red. Stunning colour. I’ve ordered through Bognor Motors so I’m looking forward to the drive back ‘oop north’ when I’ve collected.

Keep us updated with your build

Lovely van @Woodman

I've ordered a Fortana red for a camper conversion and plan to switch the wheels to 18 inch Wolfrace Wolfsbur alloys. Is that what you have? They look similar.

Also, is your suspension standard or lowered? I'm pondering whether or not to do that.

sorry for butting in @interbear but just wanted to chip in with my thoughts on suspension...
DEFINITELY worth doing. I had my 2016 transporter for 2 years before I changed it and instantly wished I'd done it straight away.
drives MUCH better, looks MUCH better.

obviously I can't comment on the stock T6.1 suspension but if it's anything like the '16 plate vans then more than worthwhile.
- had mine done by Steve at @CRS Performance and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him but there's plenty of chat (and recommendations) on here if you want to read more.

sorry for butting in @interbear but just wanted to chip in with my thoughts on suspension...
DEFINITELY worth doing. I had my 2016 transporter for 2 years before I changed it and instantly wished I'd done it straight away.
drives MUCH better, looks MUCH better.

obviously I can't comment on the stock T6.1 suspension but if it's anything like the '16 plate vans then more than worthwhile.
- had mine done by Steve at @CRS Performance and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him but there's plenty of chat (and recommendations) on here if you want to read more.

Thanks, appreciate the input - lots of recommendations for @CRS Performance so clearly a very good option if I go down the lowering route. I'm also going to talk to the company doing my conversion, I dismissed the idea initially when they suggested it amongst other options. I know it looks good and can improve handling but I had concerns on (1) whether warranty was impacted (2) whether lowering would be an issue on rougher campsite terrains. However, I also reckon a few cm lower would help with car park barriers and French toll barriers hence why I'm considering it.

Thanks, appreciate the input - lots of recommendations for @CRS Performance so clearly a very good option if I go down the lowering route. I'm also going to talk to the company doing my conversion, I dismissed the idea initially when they suggested it amongst other options. I know it looks good and can improve handling but I had concerns on (1) whether warranty was impacted (2) whether lowering would be an issue on rougher campsite terrains. However, I also reckon a few cm lower would help with car park barriers and French toll barriers hence why I'm considering it.

I would find out what they are offering for suspension set ups and let me advise if this is good or bad

Sadly more than half the vans we get here are vans lowered by camper conversion people who dont have the faintest idea what they are doing and we have to rip it out and start again , complete waste of money some times ,
Costs nothing to ask for advice ??

Lowering with springs only, definitely will throw the shock warranty out the window ( nothing else ) BUt the standard shocks are rubbish anyway that is why springs only ride so terrible . Coil over kits in campers also can be problematic so please get advice before committing to anything ,

I would find out what they are offering for suspension set ups and let me advise if this is good or bad

Sadly more than half the vans we get here are vans lowered by camper conversion people who dont have the faintest idea what they are doing and we have to rip it out and start again , complete waste of money some times ,
Costs nothing to ask for advice ??

Lowering with springs only, definitely will throw the shock warranty out the window ( nothing else ) BUt the standard shocks are rubbish anyway that is why springs only ride so terrible . Coil over kits in campers also can be problematic so please get advice before committing to anything ,

Indeed, I have already asked exactly what their suspension offering is and will be in touch once I know more. Happy to gather good advice on this. Thanks.

Lovely van @Woodman

I've ordered a Fortana red for a camper conversion and plan to switch the wheels to 18 inch Wolfrace Wolfsbur alloys. Is that what you have? They look similar.

Also, is your suspension standard or lowered? I'm pondering whether or not to do that.
Cheers Interbear, sorry have been off here a while. I believe the wheels are Wolfrace wolfsburg 20". Yes it is lowered on B14 Bilstein coilovers. However it is quite firm and it feels every bump. The wheels have 5mm spacers but the fronts still touch the plastic inner arches if the front compresses a long way. It is on 275 40 20 106 load rated when these wear out I probably will go slightly smaller 255 / 45 / 20.

Cheers Interbear, sorry have been off here a while. I believe the wheels are Wolfrace wolfsburg 20". Yes it is lowered on B14 Bilstein coilovers. However it is quite firm and it feels every bump. The wheels have 5mm spacers but the fronts still touch the plastic inner arches if the front compresses a long way. It is on 275 40 20 106 load rated when these wear out I probably will go slightly smaller 255 / 45 / 20.

Thanks, I thought they looked like Wolfsburgs, that’s what I’ve specified but the 18 inch version which should help with ride quality compared to 20 inch wheels. Yours does look fabulous though. On lowering I’ve been in touch with Steve at CRS for some good advice already, so have the beginnings of a plan for that too. Now it’s a long wait for the van to arrive, hopefully in time for spring.

Hi mate,
Been slowly adding mods to my van. Have you tinted your tailgate lights?
Hi Gozzo, no standard, they do look a bit tinted but thing its because the end of the van is in shadow. I dont plan on altering lights as they cost a fortune as standard! That said I am glad I went for the LEDs.

Today I've ordered a Fortana Red swb 4 motion van. My wifes colour choice if I'm honest. Although your pictures are helping! Loads of options so I won't see it till June 2022 earliest. So until then I'll be buying stuff to fit!

Hi Gozzo, no standard, they do look a bit tinted but thing its because the end of the van is in shadow. I dont plan on altering lights as they cost a fortune as standard! That said I am glad I went for the LEDs.
Oh ok, must be they are LED so look more tinted than mine. I'd convert over but it ain't cheap. Ordered a spoiler like yours from vanstyle.

Last edited:
Today I've ordered a Fortana Red swb 4 motion van. My wifes colour choice if I'm honest. Although your pictures are helping! Loads of options so I won't see it till June 2022 earliest. So until then I'll be buying stuff to fit!
Welcome to the Fortana club. When I ordered mine I was unsure about my decision (would never buy red) but believe me it's the best VW colour. Everyone comments on it and it's pretty rare, I love it. Find myself constantly looking at him out the window with pride. It changes colour depending on the light. One minute Maroon then the next metallic red, amazing

Welcome to the Fortana club. When I ordered mine I was unsure about my decision (would never buy red) but believe me it's the best VW colour. Everyone comments on it and it's pretty rare, I love it. Find myself constantly looking at him out the window with pride. It changes colour depending on the light. One minute Maroon then the next metallic red, amazing
Thanks Gozzo. Im excited to get my hands on it.

Good Evening Fortana redders, hope you all had a great Christmas. I have a favour to ask and would appresciate your suggestions. I have booked my van in at Visiontech Automotive for the roof and conversion in March 22. They make the units from composites and can spray them to any RAL colour. We are having the roof colorcoded with black canvas. I dont want to make it too multi coloured. However cannot decide what colour to do the inside. The roof lining inside will be black alcantara to match my existing interior.
Seats will be trimmed to match my existing by the same trimming company I used. Its just the choice of colour for the units I need to make a decision on. Any photos of units in a fortanan red van would be appreciated. Looking at a 2" colour swatch isnt the best way to visualise it.
Cheers G. ps photo copied from Vision Tech automotive's web site, their 20/20 vision range.

1640890904091.png

Good morning.
I made the cabinets, can't remember the product names without looking through emails.

20210721_144210.jpg

20210721_144135.jpg

20210721_144118.jpg

Screenshot_20211123-140245_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Back