Team Cherry Red

nice van . . .

and +1 for Heart 80`s -- oldskool, i love it.

(just goes to show your age)

Nice van, prefer absolutely 80s tbh, like the black lettering :thumbsup:
Slightly biased towards red vans

IMG_20181030_123959_Bokeh.jpg just waiting to put these on once I decided which tyres:( to go AT or not???

View attachment 33503 just waiting to put these on once I decided which tyres:( to go AT or not???

My personal line of thought is if you are not slamming a van on B14s or Air, then the next best look is standard height, or slightly lowered on AT's.
Sometimes people put aftermarket alloys on standard suspension, when the T6 actually looks better in it's factory form on Ports, or Steels, as proved above with @Kev23.
It's a fine line between a T6 looking pure class, and a bit naff, and a lot of this is down to how much money we are daft enough to throw at the suspension.

In other words, if you are keeping it standard height, but you want to add aftermarket alloys, and make it look cool, then AT's achieve this as you can see here Off road wheels and tyres with @Roca1976 Red T6. Ok, he's dropped 40mm, but that would still look cool on those tyres at standard height, if that makes sense. Where as the flip side of that coin. Standard height, 18" aftermarket alloys, with normal tyres, just looks like a nice T6 that's had some alloys thrown on as an afterthought.

Plus with winter looming, it's a no brainer for me.

That's just my opinion though, and I know nothing John Snow.

Last edited:
I do have some 30mm springs so the drop would not be massive so yeh tbh I am leaning towards AT as it will look purposeful rather than an afterthought or mid way through a project. Thanks for your opinion @Tourershine and thoughts, it's what makes a good forum.
@Kev23 what look you going for, wheels and tyres combo?

I do have some 30mm springs so the drop would not be massive so yeh tbh I am leaning towards AT as it will look purposeful rather than an afterthought or mid way through a project. Thanks for your opinion @Tourershine and thoughts, it's what makes a good forum.
@Kev23 what look you going for, wheels and tyres combo?

I'm still undecided on wheels, been looking to see what others have, something not to busy and easy to clean, they will be 20s and in black, i don't want too much of a drop so around 35mm, as it'll be converted to camper in future. It's used daily for work too.. i've no idea what AT is either.. i'm open to any advice if anyone can off some, keep it simple and plain talking though, as if little experience here.

Oh.. and everyone needs some 80s music in their lives

Sometimes people put aftermarket alloys on standard suspension, when the T6 actually looks better in it's factory form on Ports, or Steels, as proved above with
Interesting. I'm new to all this. New to giving a damn about my car. New to thinking about wheels. Van due in May... And I've decided to go with steels at standard height. I think Steels look rad and looking around this forum are under appreciated. Was not thinking of lowering van either. So thanks for for some validation. It's hard to avoid all the peer pressure to buy Alloys and B14s.

Interesting. I'm new to all this. New to giving a damn about my car. New to thinking about wheels. Van due in May... And I've decided to go with steels at standard height. I think Steels look rad and looking around this forum are under appreciated. Was not thinking of lowering van either. So thanks for for some validation. It's hard to avoid all the peer pressure to buy Alloys and B14s.

Plenty of us running steel wheels mate, including me.

Welcome to the steel wheel appreciation society, and the forum.

.... i've no idea what AT is either.. i'm open to any advice if anyone can off some, keep it simple and plain talking though, as if little experience
AT are All Terrain tyres. Great when off road, snow, slippery stuff. Had them on my Landrover Disco and they were brill (I appreciate the car would have made a large impact on performance too ;)). See the link re at tyres as a few have gone down that route and looking good too.

Last edited:
Team Forum Stickers available here >

For Sale - T6f Stickers

Ok folks.
  • Standard black or white stickers - £1.99 (as per forum shop).
  • Limited edition team colours - £2.25
  • 1 × sticker, 1 × SS T6 keyring - £10.00
Team Grey.
Team Red.
Team Yellow.
Team Blackberry.
Team Blue.
Team White.
Team Black.

PM:
Name.
Delivery address.
Contact Number.

Postage will be 1st class(£0.67)hardboard envelope posted 12hrs after receiving payment.
IMG_1198.jpg

Question for all team Red owners. Anyone wrapped the bonnet?
Clear, red or black/carbon?
And who did it?

I'm using a bonnet bra at the mo but don't like the look.

Back