Team Candy White

Picked panel van up last September and got it converted. 150 DSG Highline. Spent the usual `fortune` on it....

THQ V1 Headlamps and uprated bulbs
VW LED tail lamps
Black LED side repeaters
LED Interior bulbs
Additional door seals
Sportline mats
20" Dortmund Alloys on Goodyear Eagle f1`s
Black side bars (once back in stock, converter fitted chrome as temp. measure)
Lowered on Koni shocks and HR springs - CRS.
Gtechniq Detailed with Crystal serum coating
PPF on both doors and rear side bumpers ( wide wheels chucking all sorts up side of van)

The first four photos are after Detail, not lowered etc. (Dec. 2020)

View attachment 107642
View attachment 107640View attachment 107641
View attachment 107644

Last photo taken today after PPF. Now lowered, black side bars and decalls..
View attachment 107645
Love it. Where did you get the decals from?

I'm booking my candy white van in to have a Skyline Aurora fitted. Can anyone confirm please whether the standard white roof is a reasonable match or whether I'm better off going for black (which would work with current trim but potentially not as future proof / buyer friendly)? I'd rather not pay for colour coding.

I'm booking my candy white van in to have a Skyline Aurora fitted. Can anyone confirm please whether the standard white roof is a reasonable match or whether I'm better off going for black (which would work with current trim but potentially not as future proof / buyer friendly)? I'd rather not pay for colour coding.
Hi @hunta, mine was booked in to be colour coded but when it arrived it turned out to be just gel coat white. The match is very good IMO and I’m happy with the finish. I wouldn’t bother with the upgrade in my opinion but do check with skyline direct incase anything has changed.
On another note (it may just have been my bad luck) check the gel coat for any scratches and marks. Mine had a few and to be fair to my fitter, they took it back to skyline for the day and it’s perfect now.
I’ve only got the standard skyline roof but in summery I’m more than happy with it :thumbsup:

Fantastic @MikeT6 , that's what I was hoping to hear and glad they sorted your gel coat finish with minimum fuss as well. Thank you!

Hi everyone!

My name is Valeria Alekhin, I’m Head of Partnerships at Adverttu, an on-car advertising solution. We are urgently looking for white vans in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Manchester, to participate in a new campaign for a courier service brand. In London, Birmingham and Manchester, the campaign will last 1 year, we will be paying £1030 per van per year. In Bristol, the campaign will last 6 months and we will be paying £515 for this duration per van.

Obviously I was very excited to find this discussion !

If you are interested, let me know here in comments, or drop me a quick email at v.alekhin@adverttu.com

Newbie to the team, I’ve had the van a few weeks now, ironically when I started my search I didn’t want white or a tailgate o_O Turns out I’m loving both now. Over budget obvs but oh well.
It already had the front spoiler, side bars, 18’s and rear spoiler fitted. I’ve had the wheels refurbed, widow fitted(I chickened out of that) speaker and amp upgrade, passenger captain seat fitted(how much!!!!!!) THQ side repeaters, Van-X glove box(how much!!!!!!!)
Sound deadened and all that on going in the back, B14s due to be fitted this week. Loving van life boi :cool:
It’ll be more of a day van/bike van.
Side bars need a powder coat at some point too.
2E7E58FB-EF11-404B-87B0-E983AC46EE0B.jpeg7BFB6486-25BF-4C28-9377-56D25F8B8BC9.jpeg3E4E2D93-5FF7-43F8-8F0E-590D86C40C35.jpeg

Just wonder would you take off spare under boot wheel to make van lighter? As it defo wont fit any more…

Back