Team Banded Brothers.

Something most won’t want to run!! 225/40 front and 235/40 rear
What load rating on those tyres?
I can only find 88's and 92's on the 225/40's and 91's and 95's on the 235/40 sizes.
A T28 needs 100 rated tyres as a legal minimum requirement. T30 is 101, T32 is 103.
Anything less would be a MoT fail and leave you open to all sorts of sh!t if you were to be involved in an accident.
Might I suggest not recommending those tyre sizes unless you can give specific load rated tyres that match the requirements?

I can only find 88's and 92's on the 225/40's and 91's and 95's on the 235/40 sizes.
A T28 needs 100 rated tyres as a legal minimum requirement. T30 is 101, T32 is 103.
Anything less would be a MoT fail and leave you open to all sorts of sh!t if you were to be involved in an accident.
Might I suggest not recommending those tyre sizes unless you can give specific load rated tyres that match the requirements?
Don’t think he was recommending them saying “something most won’t want to run” banded steels aren’t load rated either if the insurance wanted to be real knobs about it .

It certainly wasn’t a recommendation. Wrote it fast, so my bad. I was just sharing what tyres were run on the banded steels that low. If you agree or not that was what was being run. I don’t suggest anyone runs those tyres.
:thumbsup:

Can I join with this . . . . . ?

View attachment 54604

well . . . It looks like i can finally join the #TBB Club.

Duchy 18" Amarok Steels 8.0 front / 8.5 rears (edit - needs checking) (9j front 9.5j rear)

255/45/18 ZR 103Y (for my T32 weight requirements)

Thank you @RedUn for the opportunity to buy them, and @Tourershine for the advise on what to do with them.

Was - OEM Sportlines

1644604424017.png

Now #TBB . . . .

1644604491478.png

1644604519670.png1644604537046.png1644604625929.png1644604585042.png

1644604958736.png
1644604685911.png1644604703640.png1644604758559.png

next step is Stubby Valve stems . . .

and these slotted centre caps with VW logo . . .

1644604888012.png

Last edited:
Just a thought as Im thinking going banded again.
When you declared your wheels to the insurance, how much info did you I've? Did you say there were banded? Were the insurance company interested? What insurers were they?
Cheers

Just a thought as Im thinking going banded again.
When you declared your wheels to the insurance, how much info did you I've? Did you say there were banded? Were the insurance company interested? What insurers were they?
Cheers
Surely sometimes in life you’ve gotta live ‘by the seat of your pants’! I’ve never mentioned to my insurance about banded wheels…. I’ve just left it that they were alloys! I’m confident that a reputable/trusted company like Duchy Banded Wheels are putting out wheels as well made as OEM?

Surely sometimes in life you’ve gotta live ‘by the seat of your pants’! I’ve never mentioned to my insurance about banded wheels…. I’ve just left it that they were alloys! I’m confident that a reputable/trusted company like Duchy Banded Wheels are putting out wheels as well made as OEM?
I asked because of a conversation at Camper Mart with the owner of a van on display and he hadtold the insurance company and they had been ok with it. I forgot the insurers. His wheels might be as well made, they also might not, as OEM wheels. They certainly are not as legal in the worst case scenario. I posted out of interest.

I asked because of a conversation at Camper Mart with the owner of a van on display and he hadtold the insurance company and they had been ok with it. I forgot the insurers. His wheels might be as well made, they also might not, as OEM wheels. They certainly are not as legal in the worst case scenario. I posted out of interest.
To be fair my insurance is with Brentacre and they seem to be fine with any modification as long as you’re not pushing the BHP to silly figures. As I’ve definitely decided on staying with banded steels, I’ll probably mention it this year and see what they say about it?

To be fair my insurance is with Brentacre and they seem to be fine with any modification as long as you’re not pushing the BHP to silly figures. As I’ve definitely decided on staying with banded steels, I’ll probably mention it this year and see what they say about it?
let me know when you do as im with them also

Back