Team Bamboo Green

Now all you need to do is sort out that naughty number plate. Don't let @Thogg see it, you'll have those men in black balaclava's repelling down ropes in the middle of the night and crashing through the windows. :sneaky:
There's a Landcruiser at school with a reg plate that spells Tools (the dad sells them I think; or simply is one); I can't actually work out what the digits are meant to; beyond illegal.

There's a Landcruiser at school with a reg plate that spells Tools (the dad sells them I think; or simply is one); I can't actually work out what the digits are meant to; beyond illegal.
Its got to be the latter rather than the former then. You've equally got me trying to figure out what the letter and number combination could actually be - sure as hell though you'd not be able to get the Police to trace it through the PNC or DVLA after it fails to stop after an accident.

Welcome. Where in east Midlands do you trade?
I do Chipaway in South Notts and have a great dent guy however he's quite busy. Can never have to many pdr chaps. It's such an art.

Haha, done loads of police officers cars and up to now never said a word ;)

Nottingham mainly mate, although I do travel the whole of uk and sometimes beyond for hail damaged cars, same issue here with being very busy but your welcome to give me a shout mate

Now all you need to do is sort out that naughty number plate. Don't let @Thogg see it, you'll have those men in black balaclava's repelling down ropes in the middle of the night and crashing through the windows. :sneaky:
Licence plate regs... yaaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnn (opinions expressed here may not be those expressed by my employer)

Haha, done loads of police officers cars and up to now never said a word ;)
That'll be their selective blind eye being turned so that their panels can be straightened without additional dents being stuck in for them.
Had one arrogant W*****r come knocking on my door very early one morning demanding my number plate as he was seizing it (a minor spacing issue like yours), told him good luck in accessing said plate since it was parked in my private garage and I was not about to voluntarily open it for him and that he'd need to come back with a warrant. He never came back. He thought he was the dogs danglies as he was one of the 0fficers on Road Wars. I have no doubt what-so-ever that our very own "friendly" traffic droid - sorry I mean expert roads policing officer (;):sneaky::whistle::thumbsup:) will never fall into that bracket - even if he was on TV; plus he's got a gun so when he pulls that out you salute and bow, ain't that how it works @Thogg? :D

That'll be their selective blind eye being turned so that their panels can be straightened without additional dents being stuck in for them.
Had one arrogant W*****r come knocking on my door very early one morning demanding my number plate as he was seizing it (a minor spacing issue like yours), told him good luck in accessing said plate since it was parked in my private garage and I was not about to voluntarily open it for him and that he'd need to come back with a warrant. He never came back. He thought he was the dogs danglies as he was one of the 0fficers on Road Wars. I have no doubt what-so-ever that our very own "friendly" traffic droid - sorry I mean expert roads policing officer (;):sneaky::whistle::thumbsup:) will never fall into that bracket - even if he was on TV; plus he's got a gun so when he pulls that out you salute and bow, ain't that how it works @Thogg? :D
You will never ever see me on TV...... and it's a bad day in the office if you're ever at the pointy end of my work tools!

I cringe at the police TV reality shows, as I can see that they think they are important and something special. The treatment of some people, and the attitude of the show in my eyes does a great disservice to our proper lads! And teaches the younger generation nothing when it comes to policing. At some stage the government/police will wake up to the bad image/impression that it can do the service, but then again it is a revenue stream. My view, and not meant to hack people off, just to make people think, and like @DaveyB , had my own bad experience of a couple of jumped up arses who need a pregnant female to relieve herself in their helmets to put them in their places! (If that hasn't been removed and assigned to history!).

Last edited:
I cringe at the police TV reality shows, as I can see that they think they are important and something special. The treatment of some people, and the attitude of the show in my eyes does a great disservice to our proper lads! And teaches the younger generation nothing when it comes to policing. At some stage the government/police will wake up to the bad image/impression that it can do the service, but then again it is a revenue stream. My view, and not meant to hack people off, just to make people think, and like @DaveyB , had my own bad experience of a couple of jumped up arses who need a pregnant female to relieve herself in their helmets to put them in their places! (If that hasn't been removed and assigned to history!).
Broadly speaking I agree with you. My only counter would be that normal police officers make for boring telly... and that for all the good work the guys on telly do, it will always be consigned to the editing room floor because sensationalised versions of stuff entertains more than the mundane. That said. I will never ever be on one of those shows.... "he looks like an amazing copper" said no person ever after watching road wars

My new Kombi turned up today, to replace my ABT T6, which has found a new owner. I've gone for bamboo green - Pictures to follow, as it rained most of the day today.

The spec is as follows;

T30 SWB
204PS
DSG
4-Motion
Advanced Cruise Control
Sunroof
Twin Electric side doors
Electric tailgate
LED Lights
Extra USB
Electric Folding Mirrors
Pro Sat Nav
Side scan
Detachable towbar
80l fuel tank
2+1 Rear seat
Heated Seats
Comfort Dash with body coloured inlay
Side airbags
Cab Carpet
Mudflaps
Dust Seals
Front and rear sensor with camera
High beam assist
4 Keys
Diff Lock
AppConnect and Media Control

I don't think I left a box unticked on this one!

We are going to do the following;

20" OZ Superturismo Dakar wheels in matt graphite with pirelli 275/35/20
Bilstein B14 Coilovers
Trapezoid Sidebars
Caravelle Grille and Front Trim
Custom Brown Nappa and Alcantara Leather Seats
Full Dynamat
Rear interiorLED's
Extra Powerpoints - USB and 12v
Full Audison sound system with twin 10" sub woofers
Alcantara headlining

Ill try and stick some pictures up as when its all coming together :)

Last edited:
Crickey, that is one hell of a spec. Where are you putting the twin 10"s?

yeah, can see how that would work. Really look forward to seeing development of it.

Well thats the full options list im sure, only wish i could have had that many ticks in my pocket :thumbsup:

yeah, can see how that would work. Really look forward to seeing development of it.

I'd love to move the jack to install a twin 10" / 12" setup. I actually have the amps and two 12" subs but not sure about going through will a full install.

Go-on, you know you want to. Who needs a jack, get the AA out.

You are a terrible influence. On a serious note, if i did go for it, I'd want the install of the amps / subs to be in a way that I could remove it from the Kombi if i needed to. So some kind of twin enclosure that straps to the rear seat legs or something along those lines is what I have in my mind.

A couple of things happened today;

She went from a 17 plate to a 66 when we added our BO66NOR plate;

99F72156-D9E7-4DA6-8AC2-17EED6263C5C_zpsmyepfj4h.jpg

And then straight onto the ramp for full Bilstein B14 installation;

A6373FCC-CC18-4DAA-A421-B9DD7447B14E_zpsrt5bthl1.jpg

Set to the lowest height of course.......

A294F335-F365-4DE5-9B3D-6929658C18DF_zpsgbmn0nhn.jpg

Tomorrow, its having full Caravelle grille and lower trim, trapezoid sidebars, OZ Racing wheels, front lower lip and of course a good clean for some pics.

A couple of things happened today;

She went from a 17 plate to a 66 when we added our BO66NOR plate;

99F72156-D9E7-4DA6-8AC2-17EED6263C5C_zpsmyepfj4h.jpg

And then straight onto the ramp for full Bilstein B14 installation;

A6373FCC-CC18-4DAA-A421-B9DD7447B14E_zpsrt5bthl1.jpg

Set to the lowest height of course.......

A294F335-F365-4DE5-9B3D-6929658C18DF_zpsgbmn0nhn.jpg

Tomorrow, its having full Caravelle grille and lower trim, trapezoid sidebars, OZ Racing wheels, front lower lip and of course a good clean for some pics.
Look forward to the pics:)

Back