Team Ascot Grey

Delivered in November. It’s a Highline 150 T30 6 speed manual. Tailgate. LED lights. Rear camera. 2 x Captains seats. Saved and dropped the Discovery Media system. And Ascot Grey! Campervan conversion due mid Feb from Newbourne Campers near Ipswich. 130 RIB. Skyline pop top. Thule side awning. Will post pics when done....

6A3957DB-B167-4F3D-9600-C5214F1776AC.jpeg

Delivered in November. It’s a Highline 150 T30 6 speed manual. Tailgate. LED lights. Rear camera. 2 x Captains seats. Saved and dropped the Discovery Media system. And Ascot Grey! Campervan conversion due mid Feb from Newbourne Campers near Ipswich. 130 RIB. Skyline pop top. Thule side awning. Will post pics when done....

View attachment 96494
welcome to the team :cool:

Hi #TeamAscotGrey ! My conversion's due to start any time soon and I've just discovered the actual pop-top roof that is going on is black with black canvas also. I'm not sure whether I'd have preferred a body colour roof, but it will probably look really good with the black bumpers. Just wondered what other people's thoughts are re. black roof on this colour, and any pics if they have any. Thanks.

Hi #TeamAscotGrey ! My conversion's due to start any time soon and I've just discovered the actual pop-top roof that is going on is black with black canvas also. I'm not sure whether I'd have preferred a body colour roof, but it will probably look really good with the black bumpers. Just wondered what other people's thoughts are re. black roof on this colour, and any pics if they have any. Thanks.

when I transformed mine to an edition, because i liked the stickers, i noticed that the original edition has a black roof mentioned

not sure whether it's the entire roof, because can't seem to find any decent pictures.

however the old edition (T6) did have a black roof.

imho it doesn't look wrong.

i doubted myself to have it wrapped in black.

but it's a bottomless moneypit already, so it had to stop somewhere :cool:

when I transformed mine to an edition, because i liked the stickers, i noticed that the original edition has a black roof mentioned

not sure whether it's the entire roof, because can't seem to find any decent pictures.

however the old edition (T6) did have a black roof.

imho it doesn't look wrong.

i doubted myself to have it wrapped in black.

but it's a bottomless moneypit already, so it had to stop somewhere :cool:
I agree, it's certainly a bottomless money pit. I suppose it is what it is, and I just want it to look good to me. Sometimes too many choices cause too much confusion, and if I really decided I prefer a colour matching roof I could always repaint that further down the road when funds allow ...

I think body colour looks best. The roof blends in better.

But at the end of the day it's your van, you have to live with it. What ever you decide it'll be great!

Black, to go with the black bumper and mirrors, then put some more black on the rear (is the rear bumper black? If not make it so!)

Says the bloke with Candy White van and roof.

Seriously though, I think it will tie together. Have you seen Baz.svt's Superdry van? A great use of black on a silver van.

I think body colour looks best. The roof blends in better.

But at the end of the day it's your van, you have to live with it. What ever you decide it'll be great!
I’m torn but black roof is listed on the deal. I’ll see whether body colour is an option and if so whether extra cost. Otherwise, later down the line if I’m not happy would a repaint be v expensive?

Black, to go with the black bumper and mirrors, then put some more black on the rear (is the rear bumper black? If not make it so!)

Says the bloke with Candy White van and roof.

Seriously though, I think it will tie together. Have you seen Baz.svt's Superdry van? A great use of black on a silver van.
Yeah, rear bumper is also black so it will definitely all match. Probably overthinking it.

Reactions: CAB
Found an example of one online and I think it’s a good look and this one doesn’t even have the black bumpers, etc. It’s all good. As you were! :)

601437E2-C173-403A-8A31-ED236EEE40F2.jpeg

448C52D3-4AFC-45B8-8CDA-2F1BBCFECCAE.jpeg

This is my first non-metallic paint vehicle and whilst its 'Ascot Grey' it is heading in the direction of whiteness. Has anyone got any tips for keeping it clean, looking after the paintwork etc. Are there any polishes anyone recommends, or any tips on washing, cleaning? Its also my first van, its going to have a pop-top roof and side awning, so any tips on keeping those clean and mould free?

This is my first non-metallic paint vehicle and whilst its 'Ascot Grey' it is heading in the direction of whiteness. Has anyone got any tips for keeping it clean, looking after the paintwork etc. Are there any polishes anyone recommends, or any tips on washing, cleaning? Its also my first van, its going to have a pop-top roof and side awning, so any tips on keeping those clean and mould free?
Wash.. wax... which one, and how? | T6F

Back