Tailgate Threshold Screw Caps

One of the reasons I didn't buy a T6 was the obvious cost cutting and penny pinching that was going on. Six small plastic plugs - what do these cost VW? Sixty pence at the very most. If they are cutting costs like this on visible parts, I hate to think what is happening in the areas we can't see.

I really couldn't say on this forum.....I would get lynched. I did try to justify a T6 but I couldn't.

It came stuffed with kit....sat nav connected to the internet, adaptive cruise, alloys, head up display, 7 inch colour touchscreen, automatic braking, ...bigger payload than the T6, a lot quieter and much better fuel economy. Twin sliders as standard. In 1500 miles I have not heard it regen the dpf and it is very comfortable over rough roads. 5 star Ncap safety rating. And it has a 5 year factory warranty. Doors open and close like, errr, like a Golf. 22k on the road including VAT for the LWB. Comes with H7 headlamps as standard which turn night into day. Also has voice command and loads of other stuff that I have not discovered as yet. There is even a light in the glovebox and a multi function steering wheel..

Reactions: .50
I really couldn't say on this forum.....I would get lynched. I did try to justify a T6 but I couldn't.

It came stuffed with kit....sat nav connected to the internet, adaptive cruise, alloys, head up display, 7 inch colour touchscreen, automatic braking, ...bigger payload than the T6, a lot quieter and much better fuel economy. Twin sliders as standard. In 1500 miles I have not heard it regen the dpf and it is very comfortable over rough roads. 5 star Ncap safety rating. And it has a 5 year factory warranty. Doors open and close like, errr, like a Golf. 22k on the road including VAT for the LWB. Comes with H7 headlamps as standard which turn night into day. Also has voice command and loads of other stuff that I have not discovered as yet. There is even a light in the glovebox and a multi function steering wheel..
Sounds wank

I wonder what it'll be worth after 5 years or so....!!!

So glad you asked this question, because I asked it to myself. Remember that this van is 100% for work and different criteria applies.

When I looked at the T6, they offered me 12 to 14k for my immaculate, 2.5 y/old T5.1 van with 29k miles on it with useful options like swivel seats and difflock. It was the same spec as the new one we had priced up at 35k on the road after discounts. Even at the higher offer, I make that 21k loss in less than three years.
I worked out that I could set fire to the new, non VW van after five years and still be quids in over what I would have lost on another Transporter. Meanwhile, my working days are more comfortable, quieter, more economical and a little bit safer.
As a tool for work it suits me far better than the T6 (which still has no load through faciliy). But I wouldn't want to convert it for leisure purposes because the T6 is far better in that respect.

I expect the van to be worth 4 to 5k after five years.

I just couldn't bring myself to pay circa £3 per cover. I was recommended these from a friend of mine. They actually fit perfectly in the middle 2 positions and you just need to trim 2mm off the bottom of them for the 4 outer locations.
Furniture 16mm Diameter Black Plastic Screw Type Cap Cover Protector 10 Pcs | eBay
They come form Hong Kong, take about 2 weeks to arrive but cost £2.33.

Fantastic purchase! All the way from Hong Kong and arrived in 2 weeks.... so far my best purchase by far and perfect colour match too... a must have

Fantastic purchase! All the way from Hong Kong and arrived in 2 weeks.... so far my best purchase by far and perfect colour match too... a must have
Reckon i’m Going to have to sort this out as my ICD just can’t cope with those orrible 6 little holes in the slam panel strip.

It is bad that VW didnt put the plugs over these holes especially considering its the rear of a commercial vehicle.

I just got some blanking plugs from ebay.
12 for £1.95.

20171111_101701.jpg 20171111_102255.jpg

Reactions: .50
Well technically mine were only .98p for six. I bought 12 so my mate could have a set.
I have also ordered the ones in your link above as well as a few others. Going to see which looks best.
Cheers.
You win!

Head up display?? 7 inch touchscreen? Got any pics? My custom was terrible on fuel and gutless, and the door hinges bent and diesel leaked out the open fuel "cap"
And you cant rest your arm on the door card because of the angled bit by your elbow

Back