Sliding side door threshold headache

CharlieNeil

VIP Member
Does anyone have any other ideas of how to attach an after market SIDE LOAD EXTRA DEEP ABS DOOR STEP threshold. IT"S IMPOSSIBLE to align then attach the 6 supplied push on clips. I'm thinking of drilling holes into the new step then buy 60mm long blk dome head screws and screw these into the existing holes in the floor of the van which would be on show but I think would look OK. Unless anyone has any other ideas. Neil

IMG_7834.jpg

Does anyone have any other ideas of how to attach an after market SIDE LOAD EXTRA DEEP ABS DOOR STEP threshold. IT"S IMPOSSIBLE to align then attach the 6 supplied push on clips. I'm thinking of drilling holes into the new step then buy 60mm long blk dome head screws and screw these into the existing holes in the floor of the van which would be on show but I think would look OK. Unless anyone has any other ideas. Neil

View attachment 189649
Bond the OE push in fixings to back/vertical part of new step with ABS cement or Sikaflex or similar by putting them in the vertical part of step then place step back carefully & leave to set.

Then use double sided HD 2” wide 3M hook/loop under main flat part of the step??

This would allow future removal as reqd without unsightly fixings

This is one job I hate doing and I haven't found an easy way to do it yet. So interested in hearing solutions from others.
I put the 3 clips on the vertical part of the van and the other 3 clips on the step. then lower the step into place and guess if they are all lining up correctly.
If you have a scope you can go in through the step light opening to see that the clips are lined up before pushing the step down.

The trick is much longer pins on the base. I was recommended them on here when trying to get a caravelle step on.

@Deaky recommended these. Did the job for me.

View attachment 189649
M5 nut rivet in 1 M5 bolt and its solid. I was going to fit 3 along the back and 3 on the floor but this 1 M5 bolt is so solid. Dont like the plastic bolt cap but had no other way to fit this threshold
IMG_7836.jpg
IMG_7835.jpg
@Deaky recommended these. Did the job for me.

They would have been great you could align them up then press into holes. I will use them on my next one cheers. I’ve put a rivet nut into the base and screwed an m5 30mm bolt in with a plastic cap, not perfect but very solid

Back