Tailgate Badge Removal

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone had any experience of removing the badges from the tail gate as I'm thinking of removing them but am concerned of damaging the paint. :whistle:

Removed mine on barn doors. Heated up with a hair dryer then prised off with plastic trim removal tool. No marks to paint work but badge was damaged. Not a problem as I was replacing it with a black one.

I removed mine from the tailgate.
I put masking tape around the badge then used dental floss to 'cut' the main part of the bade off, which left the glue.
Then I used some petrol on a cloth to remove the sticky stuff.
Finally gave it a wash.
Took a little while but a nice result and no paint damage.
TailgateNoBadge.jpg

Yep, done mine, nothing different; the old hairdryer and plastic prising tool, then polish of residual sticky stuff.

so, are all the t6 badges back and front just stuck on, not clipped on ?
Hi...front is clipped on ( silver part is clipped), rear one is stuck on....I think..I've only done the front one, didn't want to mess with back one cause I think you have to take whole badge off

The rear badge is very brittle (at least the black backing part is) I fitted a rear camera into mine and needed to be very careful not to break off more than I needed whilst making the hole.

The rear badge is very brittle (at least the black backing part is) I fitted a rear camera into mine and needed to be very careful not to break off more than I needed whilst making the hole.

I need to fit a rear cam on mine. I would really appreciate it if you could show what you did and what camera you used please.

TIA

Deaks :)

I used a Runcam Swift 2 inset in the VW badge with the 130 degree lens, it feeds in to an ATOTO A6 head unit on the FCAM input so I can turn it on and use it as a rear view camera whilst driving.
I have an ATOTO camera mounted above the number plate pointing downwards at about 45 degrees connected to the reversing camera input on the head unit that comes on when I select reverse.
RearViewCamera.jpg
I drilled a hole through from the front side of the badge, very carefully as the black part is very brittle, used a diamond drill bit to get the right size, then from the rear, through the metalwork of the door behind the badge, using a die grinder to make the rear hole large enough to take the camera and lens without making the hole in the badge any larger, stuck the camera into place from the inside, sealing the hole as it did. Cables run through the door link along the van at roof level and down the passenger A pillar and in to the head unit, power for the cameras is on with the ignition from a spare fuse location.

Back