tailgate and side door locking problems.

Paddlesponge

VIP Member
Good Morning
I have read all the threads re the T6 side and tailgate locking problem I think but have failed to sort my problems so looking for advice please.
I have for some time had to unlock my side door from inside as it failed to unlock on the fob. I have to pull the internal handle three times to unlock the door. I have now lost the ability to open the tailgate from outside completely. I have got into the back and opened the door from the rear gromet and removed the panel wd40 to all connectors but it still wont open. I have tried shorting the switch but with no joy.
Are the two doors connected, could the supply for the tailgate lock come from the side door??
Any help would be greatly appreciated as im not the most nimbble of people and climbing past the back seat is not easy.
When it happened before if I opened the side door and pressed the tailgate handle (switch) it seemed to open after 5 or 6 presses but now nothing.
Thanks in advance
Andy

Check the internal tailgate switch isn't turned off by checking the bottom of the tailgate and inserting your key in the plastic slot, flick the latch across and try the switch to see if it works.

Back