Brook Meadow
Friday, 19 April, 2024 - 12:00
Until: Sunday, 21 April, 2024 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Brook Meadow has been suggested as plan B.... But we need to wait to hear from site on Tuesday.

Plan C is to rearrange an alternative date.

Not looking good is it?

OK, how many vans do we have going? There must be some sites that have plenty of hard pitches we could use?
think it was said that there was 28 which will have a big bearing on Tuesdays decision. Looked at Pitchup and very limited for hard standing

think it was said that there was 28 which will have a big bearing on Tuesdays decision. Looked at Pitchup and very limited for hard standing
Didn't realise it was so many. I think it will be hard to find an alternative venue with sufficient hard standing for so many vans.

If there is a few dry days (as forecast) hopefully this will allow time for the grass to dry out. The site doesn't want all the grass chewing up just at the start of the season so understand their reservations. Think may be to short notice to find another site with 14+ hardstanding pitches??

If there is a few dry days (as forecast) hopefully this will allow time for the grass to dry out. The site doesn't want all the grass chewing up just at the start of the season so understand their reservations. Think may be to short notice to find another site with 14+ hardstanding pitches??
agreed. The only place i know which is pure hardstanding is the Meadow Springs Country and Leisure Park in Powys - 9.8 score on Pitchup. Great resturant and facilities but limited on site shop. Stayed there at the begining of Mar last year. Cooooooold though

agreed. The only place i know which is pure hardstanding is the Meadow Springs Country and Leisure Park in Powys - 9.8 score on Pitchup. Great resturant and facilities but limited on site shop. Stayed there at the begining of Mar last year. Cooooooold though
We can keep ourselves fed and watered for 2-3 days...don't see an issue there, if known b4 you rock up.

Sounds good to me.
We can keep ourselves fed and watered for 2-3 days...don't see an issue there, if known b4 you rock up.
Good point.
I just want a Noliday!
Snap.

So we might have a Plan B. I have phoned Meadow Springs Country and Leisure park and described our predicament.

They are amenable to the group pitching up. i could not tell him how many. What Clive did say is that he would as an intro offer and do £25 per night if booked direct and not through Pitch Up and you quote T6 Forum.

All there pitches are fully serviced hard standing and he would endeavour to put us together.

You have to book the restaurant in advance and they have not got a camp shop because of the village shop (but that has closed).

i will head there if we get the thumbs down

Said i would phone him back on Tuesday once I know the decision on Medbourne

will copy this txt to the whatsapp chat

Dave

We would be up for that if the worst happens. Adult only though if anyone was bringing kiddiewinks for the weekend?

So we might have a Plan B. I have phoned Meadow Springs Country and Leisure park and described our predicament.

They are amenable to the group pitching up. i could not tell him how many. What Clive did say is that he would as an intro offer and do £25 per night if booked direct and not through Pitch Up and you quote T6 Forum.

All there pitches are fully serviced hard standing and he would endeavour to put us together.

You have to book the restaurant in advance and they have not got a camp shop because of the village shop (but that has closed).

i will head there if we get the thumbs down

Said i would phone him back on Tuesday once I know the decision on Medbourne

will copy this txt to the whatsapp chat

Dave
Thats great Dave.

Count me in if Medbourne cancel. I don't fancy getting my van stuck on soggy grass :eek:.

I was going to suggest a place near Masham. It has hard standing but its pretty small. The bonus is it's near Black Sheep and Theakstons breweries :thumbsup:

Back