T6 Sump plug washer - what size

jesteh

So decided to replace oil, expected sump plug to have a copper washer I can reuse but it looks like a stainless steel washer.
Walked to Halfords to buy a replacement - only size they have as "sump plug washer" doesn't seem to fit on the app and its not copper, its some sort of metal.

Can anyone suggest what size copper washer I need - they have all sorts here :).

When I did mine I got a new sump plug from Opie Oils and the washer was with it. I’m fairly sure it was a captive washer (if that’s the correct name).
There’s also a thread on here recently about whether you really need to replace the sump plug.

The thread size is M14 x 1.5

so in theory an M14 copper washer (or aluminium) would do .

the washer on the OEM plug is captive so it would need to be removed from the recessed shoulder (captive washer)
why not replace the sump plug for a couple quid (as OEM recommended).

17B0538D-DE14-45E9-8F00-9C778D2C15D6.jpeg

Appreciate its cheap but it was already too late as I removed it by this stage. And yes, it is captive washer like you suggest.
Only place within walking distance was halfords which didn't sell anything but copper washers. I reused it this time, will change next time.
Does anyone use gold plugs (the magnet ones)?

Appreciate its cheap but it was already too late as I removed it by this stage. And yes, it is captive washer like you suggest.
Only place within walking distance was halfords which didn't sell anything but copper washers. I reused it this time, will change next time.
Does anyone use gold plugs (the magnet ones)?
No need to apologise, I was merely trying to assist in the easiest solution

Back