T6 Shuttle pre purchase question

ceejbee

T6 Pro
Hello all, what a lovely forum, found quite a lot out already!

I used to have a T5.1 Kombi and miss it.....I’m looking at getting a Shuttle this time, I’ve downloaded an older version of the Shuttle brochure and done a few searches on Google but I can’t find this bit out.

My question (and slight confusion) is this.....

Do all Shuttles come with Tailgates? I have looked online at a fair few and most do but have found an S version which is really highly spec'd but it has barn doors?

i have nothing against barn doors - they were v useful on my T5.1 but I haven’t found any other Shuttle with them.

I’m a little confused!

Thought you guys on here may have some answers.

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

Cliff

Welcome!!

I have an 8 seat window van (like a shuttle but van like interior trim) and it has barn doors.

Which would you prefer? Both have advantages / disadvantages but most prefer the tailgate as gives shelter when open.

I find the barn doors easy when putting stuff in the back - dont have to worry about how close you’re parked to something else!

Regards
Ian

Thanks Ian, it’s def a Shuttle re interior trim and it has twin electric sliding doors etc it is nicely spec'd it’s just the doors that confuse me.

Can you get a Shuttle with barn doors or do you think the previous owner changed them? That’s a huge job hey?

Well, I liked the barn doors on the T5.1 I had and was handy with the dog and loading things in without anything falling out when you open the doors.......I have a Caddy with a tailgate and that is nice too in the rain.....but if it’s windy too it doesn’t make much difference but you’re right about being careful where you park etc as opening is trickier.

Barn doors wouldn’t turn me off the Shuttle I’ve spotted but I just didn’t know if they were standard / option etc Can’t find anything in the brochure or online

Cliff

I think you can tick as an option. I cannot see someone converting a transporter to barn doors from tailgate - other way around yes!

Leicester VW have a barn door shuttle - thats the only one I could spot in the 50+ shuttles listed. (Hopefully different to the one you’ve seen :) )

I am sure barn doors are used to make it easier to load pallets/loads when using a fork lift may be wrong

Back