T6 Roof Rail for Drive Away Awning - any recommendations or views on the options?

Before the van we swear by our £12 go outdoors tarp, we've used it every camping trip. So I'm expecting the S+S tarp will be our choice, lots of flexibility

Saw a bloke take out the barrier at Torquay harbour with a lovely carbon mountain bike a few years back, he was being a t*** but it gave us something to watch whilst eating our chips
Watching an idiot prove that they are an idiot is always entertaining!

C Rail for us to attach a drive away awning. Can’t be seen and bolts into the existing roof rail holes so no drilling. bought from camperessentials.co.uk I’d highly recommend them. They do a version for those with roof bars as well I think.

7E93B1B7-B53F-48AE-8833-E9423E263EA0.jpeg

Those of you using the roof bolt mounted awning rails - any issues with drive away awning material rubbing on the paintwork?

Those of you using the roof bolt mounted awning rails - any issues with drive away awning material rubbing on the paintwork?
Yes, you have to be careful pitching the awning and I also carry low tack masking tape which I strategically place. This year I have started using the rail just for a kiravans railsail and set up the driveway air awning as a stand-alone unit.

Interesting… makes me wonder if I’m better off with a Reimo or Vamoose type rail as it stands off the roof a bit and presumably keeps the awning off the paintwork

I found that it’s the sides of the tunnel part of the awning that is more likely to mark the paintwork rather than at the rail itself.

I would definitely have a hidden rail to avoid drilling or sticking the rail to the van.

I found that it’s the sides of the tunnel part of the awning that is more likely to mark the paintwork rather than at the rail itself.

I would definitely have a hidden rail to avoid drilling or sticking the rail to the van.
Did you find a solution to the sides of the tunnel rubbing up the sides of the van bud?

Cheers

Back