Drive away awning rails

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Are there any drive away awning rails that fit to the van using the roof bar mounting bolts?

I’ve sen the OEM awning rail that needs to be bonded on and bent into shape, not really a DIY job. Got me wondering if there are bolt on solutions?

You can't get any better quality then these from CE. Hand finished, perfect fit. I have them both sides.

Yes they come at a price, but doesn't everything that quality. Buy once :whistle:

Just realised these options don’t work with a poptop.

I noticed on the link that @Mike Dean posted (VW T5 T6 Bolt On Awning Rail – Camper Essentials), there's an FAQ about pop tops:

If you have a pop top roof, most of them tend to use the gutter channel for the strut and hinges which makes the possibility of using the Bolt on Rail less feasible, although in certain circumstances I may be able to do a similar modification to those I do for roof racks. A better option generally is the the other awning rail I do which glues and screws on and comes as a self fit kit with everything needed to fit it (Stainless Steel Screws, Bonding Sealing Agent, Masking Tape, Latex Gloves, Alcohol Wipes and Instructions). As this rail is so discreet with a profile of just 12mm wide, it can be hidden underneath the pop top in most circumstances or fitted outside of it if you prefer. Please find this as a separate product in the shop by clicking here.

Camper essentials is the one that was on my van i was telling you about the other day, hes local to me (Totnes area) and a pretty decent chap, his mobile is on the website and you can call him and discuss

Back