T6 Roof Rail for Drive Away Awning - any recommendations or views on the options?

Nevtiger

We have decided to buy a drive away awning to make things a little easier when away - so far so good.

The van has a pop top and no awning rail.

I have been looking at the options and i see i could go with the following:

1. Fiamma Wind out awning F45 which also has a C Channel. Im not overly keen of the extra bulk over the near side of the vehicle and that it might whacked by hedges.
  2. Fiamma Combi Awning Rail - J section
  3. Reimo Multi-Rail awning rail
  4. C Channel Awning Rail from FunkyLiesure where it sits under the pop top.
  5. Something else....
Its a bit bewildering having so many choices so any experiences or advice would be greatly received.

Cheers

@Niknak So the FunkyLiesure supplied rail is a bolt in item? I like the idea of that and the fact that is hidden. True it does not provide a rain gutter though.

@TrevorK `does the Reimo one work ok? I looked at an installation video and the rail ends seemed to be of a different profile?

@Niknak So the FunkyLiesure supplied rail is a bolt in item? I like the idea of that and the fact that is hidden. True it does not provide a rain gutter though.

@TrevorK `does the Reimo one work ok? I looked at an installation video and the rail ends seemed to be of a different profile?

hi @Nevtiger, I haven't used either yet but...

yeah, the funky leisure one bolts into the existing holes that are in the gutter.
- pictures in this thread: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/awning-c-rail-swb-nearside-hidden.25463/
(which also just happens to be for sale :thumbsup: )

Go for the Fiamma, you will be suprised how many times you will use it when camping.
In under 30secs you can wind it out and have an instant extension to protect yourself from rain/sun. The drive aways are great but a bit of a chore for short stops or a spur of the moment lunch stop.

I have gone for Reimo Multi-Rail awning rail as like the sort of "stealth" idea. Just got to wait for it to arrive from Germany.

Might be because I’m not as well off as other but I really don’t want to drill the body on mine especially up high

Cheers everyone, i still not sure but i think i will look at the bolt on version that sits under the pop top first. Mainly as the Fiamma wind out awning would probably get knocked off..... even if it gives us the extra flexibility!

That was one of the reasons I went for Reimo Multi-Rail awning rail as watched a chap once who knocked his Fiamma off leaving a site (poor sod) Mine will arrive next week then I will fit it ready for the awning or drive away that I how not bought yet.......

Saw a bloke take out the barrier at Torquay harbour with a lovely carbon mountain bike a few years back, he was being a t**t but it gave us something to watch whilst eating our chips

Back